CCT Version 0.9.1

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by jfly, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Hamburg, Germany
    WCA:
    2007CHRI03
    YouTube:
    Cerb1987
    Hmmm I written an email, posted on your forum and nothing happened, why not just reply, "we don't care about this issue any more" or "we don't need your help now"
    Anybody got a solution for the problem with just showing the scramble viewer?

2. Pedro

Pedro Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Uberlandia, MG - Brazil
    WCA:
    2007GUIM01
    YouTube:
    PedroSG
    he's working at it, he does care ;)

3. brunson

brunson Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Westminster, CO
    WCA:
    2008BRUN01
    Dear Cereberus,

You fail to realize that we may be actually fixing bugs, writing features and possibly getting on with our lives instead of responding to every single email that someone sends to us. Please return our software, you are clearly not clever nor appreciative enough to be using it.

Sincerely
    *NOT* the real authors, just a sarcastic user

4. McWizzle94

McWizzle94 Member

Mar 24, 2008
    A Place
    WCA:
    2008CHAR03
    YouTube:
    McWizzle94
    maybe they are busy with their lives right now. programming CCT is voluntary and they are taking their own time to make it. so you could at least thank them for making it.

btw, thanks for making it :)

5. hawkmp4

hawkmp4 Member

May 17, 2008
    On this subject, has anyone developed a scramble plugin for CCT for pyraminx?

6. jfly

jfly Member

Aug 23, 2008
    California
    WCA:
    2005FLEI01
    YouTube:
    jflysohigh
    Hey all,
    Sorry for the delay, but the bug where only the scramble view would be visible has been fixed. Please download the new version of CCT (v 0.9.2) here: http://gnehzr.net/cct/ and let us know if you have any other problems!

Jeremy Fleischman

PS: Cerebus, thank you for your willingness to help us out. Sorry for the delay in fixing the bug, I was just a little busy with school starting.

PPS: Also, if anyone writes a pyraminx scramble plugin, we'd be glad to post it on our website. I would, but I don't have a pyraminx.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Hamburg, Germany
    WCA:
    2007CHRI03
    YouTube:
    Cerb1987
    Sorry for that missunderstanding in my post, I was a bit angry in generel for some private reason and it's not bad that it takes longer or that they care more for real life.
    It's ok, the only thing that I didn't like was that he asked for help and I written an email half an hour later and also a post on their forum with no reply.

Thanks for that work that you do for us, the new version works fine at me, no more bug.

8. Pedro

Pedro Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Uberlandia, MG - Brazil
    WCA:
    2007GUIM01
    YouTube:
    PedroSG
    I used to use the stackmat with the old cct, and worked fine

today I tried using it with 0.9.2, and it works, but I get a strange and annoying noise in my headphones.

here's a sample:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/140863358/S ... _.wma.html

anyone else has this? any ideas on how to fix it?

9. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

Your link doesn't work, but it's probably Stack Music. I also get it whenever my Stackmat's plugged in. Just try to mute whatever send microphone sounds to the speakers, if you can.

10. Pedro

Pedro Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Uberlandia, MG - Brazil
    WCA:
    2007GUIM01
    YouTube:
    PedroSG
    yep, did that...I'm so stupid at times :p

11. krnballerzzz

krnballerzzz Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Alpharetta, GA, USA
    WCA:
    2006KANG01
    this is too sexy :).

THANK YOU!

12. MTGjumper

MTGjumper Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Bath/Notts
    WCA:
    2008CRAW01
    YouTube:
    MTGjumper
    Argh... such a computer noob. Where do I extract CCT 0.9.2 to? I just keep getting:

CCT 0.9.2 Sat Aug 30 12:02:21 BST 2008
    Couldn't find file!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Local Settings\Temp\Rar$DI21.281\profiles\defaults.properties
    Couldn't find file!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Local Settings\Temp\Rar$DI21.281\guiLayouts

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  13. Rubixcubematt

Rubixcubematt Member

Jul 23, 2008
    in a house
    YouTube:
    rubixcubematt
    thank you guys so much, this new version is awesome. im not that goos with computers, so what does the irc do/ what can you do with it???

14. HelloiamChow

HelloiamChow Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    This is nice. Realllll nice.

15. PCwizCube

PCwizCube Premium Member

May 9, 2008
    YouTube:
    pcwizcube
    Extract it to anywhere that is not part of the folder you're extracting. Easiest way is to extract it to your desktop.

Weird, I didn't extract it, and it still worked!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  16. MTGjumper

MTGjumper Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Bath/Notts
    WCA:
    2008CRAW01
    YouTube:
    MTGjumper
    Working now. Thanks.

I'm going to be awkward now and say I prefer Jnet. It may be ugly, but I just find CCT awkward to use well.

17. jfly

jfly Member

Aug 23, 2008
    California
    WCA:
    2005FLEI01
    YouTube:
    jflysohigh
    MTGJumper,
    You're of course, welcome to your opinion, but I would like to know what you find awkward about cct. If you don't mind, please let us know what you feel could be improved with cct. Feedback is always appreciated!

18. PCwizCube

PCwizCube Premium Member

May 9, 2008
    YouTube:
    pcwizcube
    That was what I used to think. After using CCT for a few days in a row I loved CCT and hated Jnet :D

19. hawkmp4

hawkmp4 Member

May 17, 2008
    j-fly, I don't have any programming experience, with java at least, but it'd be a simple matter of writing a pyraminx scrambler. You could just generate a random state for the tips, and for the main scramble the only things that need to be checked for are things like R R', otherwise a string of however many random moves from LFRD and their inverses would do just fine.
    I really wish there was more I could do to help with CCT, its a fine program you put out :)

20. Pedro

Pedro Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Uberlandia, MG - Brazil
    WCA:
    2007GUIM01
    YouTube:
    PedroSG
    I used to prefer Rubik'sJTimer (the new JNetCube)

but now cct has square-1...with scramble viewer :eek:

if it had pyraminx, would be perfect