Cannot create account on Speedsolving Wiki due to verification question.

Discussion in 'Help, support & suggestions' started by Artman40, Apr 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Artman40

Artman40 Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I have a problem. I want to make an account on Speedsolving wiki but the verification question is:

"What is the name of the person who created the 4x4 speedsolving method used by the fastest solvers in the world? (First and Last Name)"

I tried every name, I even asked others who that person is. However, none of the names worked. Is this an question that's not up to date anymore? Wiki told me to contact administrators if there's something that prevents me from making contributions but guess what? To contact them, I have to create an account! Is it like telling "Your keyboard is broken. Press F7 to continue!".

2. TDM

TDM Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    WCA:
    2013MEND03
    YouTube:
    TDM028
    What names have you tried? This question won't have gone out of date.

3. Artman40

Artman40 Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I don't remember anymore. But would a question not related to names be more appropriate?

But I see things like Yau, Redux and Sandwich.

4. Have you tried 'Robert Yau'?
    OK, I just tried making a account and it worked.

5. Artman40

Artman40 Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Thanks. I would have never figured it out.