1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot create account on Speedsolving Wiki due to verification question.

Discussion in 'Help, support & suggestions' started by Artman40, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Artman40

Artman40 Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I have a problem. I want to make an account on Speedsolving wiki but the verification question is:

"What is the name of the person who created the 4x4 speedsolving method used by the fastest solvers in the world? (First and Last Name)"

I tried every name, I even asked others who that person is. However, none of the names worked. Is this an question that's not up to date anymore? Wiki told me to contact administrators if there's something that prevents me from making contributions but guess what? To contact them, I have to create an account! Is it like telling "Your keyboard is broken. Press F7 to continue!".

2. TDM

TDM Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    WCA:
    2013MEND03
    YouTube:
    TDM028
    What names have you tried? This question won't have gone out of date.

3. Artman40

Artman40 Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I don't remember anymore. But would a question not related to names be more appropriate?

But I see things like Yau, Redux and Sandwich.

THERAGINGCYCLOPS likes this.
  4. Hssandwich

Hssandwich Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    WCA:
    2013SAVA01
    YouTube:
    hssandwich cubes
    Have you tried 'Robert Yau'?
    OK, I just tried making a account and it worked.

5. Artman40

Artman40 Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Thanks. I would have never figured it out.

6. William Martin Powell

William Martin Powell Member

Mar 25, 2018
    I tried it and it worked for me too, but I misspelled it once as "Robert Yao". Thanks!

7. pjk

pjk Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    Due to spam, it has to require a somewhat difficult question but also one that can be looked up to a cuber who is active in the community.

This can also be looked up. Now that the answer is here, others who have trouble and find the answer. Eventually I want to enable easier editing of the wiki without barriers like this.

FireCuber likes this.