• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Broken Pyraminx! Please HELP!

Fartbrain45

YouTube
Visit Channel
These are some pics of my BRAND NEW QJ PYRAMINX!!:mad: I got it for my birthday 6 days ago, and I picked it up just now, dropped it on my tiled floor, and it split into three separate pieces. I'm so pissed 'cause this thing was freakin' awesome:mad: Based on the pics, does anyone know how I could fix it (i.e. super glue, etc.)? Or would I have to buy a new one?:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN1281.JPG
    DSCN1281.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN1285.JPG
    DSCN1285.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 75

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
I doubt you'll be able to fix that piece with superglue, but, at least last time I checked, you can buy individual pieces from speedcubeshop.

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
I had exactly the same problem, but I got a totally new pyraminx beacuse the shop did not sell parts. So now I have a lot of pieces if something would happen!:)

It is really hard to fix with super glue:(

AgentKuo

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol, I too discovered that QJ is not what some would call "quality". It pops and locks a lot. But I haven't had the unfortunate pleasure of it not being fixable, just by popping the pieces back into place.

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Super glue <3 You guys have no idea how much superglue I'm using to hold the pieces together on my pyraminx, and I have only superglued it the places where the stickers doesn't hold it together :D (but I'm not using that one anymore though) Maybe you should just go for a new one?

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I broke 2 pyraminxes!?!? noway dude.

Karina broke one of mine and my main pyra was broken beforehand. (if you thought it was messed up at wc, you should seriously see it now.)

EDIT:
I can count 10 place where it's glued together, and it still looks like this
c89su.jpg

for OP, this pyra still works! :D

Last edited:

Fartbrain45

YouTube
Visit Channel
I had exactly the same problem, but I got a totally new pyraminx beacuse the shop did not sell parts. So now I have a lot of pieces if something would happen!:)

It is really hard to fix with super glue:(

That's what I was afraid of. I might try to contact iCubeMart and see if they can give me a new one. They might not be very forgiving, considering the circumstances.

YouTube
Visit Channel
These are some pics of my BRAND NEW QJ PYRAMINX!!:mad: I got it for my birthday 6 days ago, and I picked it up just now, dropped it on my tiled floor, and it split into three separate pieces. I'm so pissed 'cause this thing was freakin' awesome:mad: Based on the pics, does anyone know how I could fix it (i.e. super glue, etc.)? Or would I have to buy a new one?:confused:
May I be able to fix it for you?