• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BindeDSA's Algorithms

PurpleBanana

Only 9 in full, most of the cases are just random. For example, I know like two OLLCP sets for F (sexy)2 F', and for most OLLs I just know random cases that have nice algs and are easy to recognize.

Isn't it annoying to have to pause to see whether you know the 1LLL for a certain case, and then discover you don't? As opposed to knowing full OLL sets, where you would immediately know whether or not you know the case just by recognizing the OLL?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Isn't it annoying to have to pause to see whether you know the 1LLL for a certain case, and then discover you don't? As opposed to knowing full OLL sets, where you would immediately know whether or not you know the case just by recognizing the OLL?

Well it would be about the same as not knowing full PLL or full OLL really.

PurpleBanana

Well, what can you do? Just wait until you finish learning.

Sent from my M1005D using Tapatalk

My point is that with 1LLL, there IS a way to learn them in such a manner that you know whether you know the case without recognizing the whole case; I suppose this exists for OLL as well (for example, I might know I know the L cases but not the W cases) but it is much less clear-cut.

That said, I suppose that learning full OLL sets would involve wasting a lot of time learning cases which are not useful or hard to recognize, time which would be better spent learning random easy cases from all the OLLs, although Jabari will have to learn those hard cases sooner or later since he does plan to learn full 1LLL.

WCA
2014BLOC01
My point is that with 1LLL, there IS a way to learn them in such a manner that you know whether you know the case without recognizing the whole case; I suppose this exists for OLL as well (for example, I might know I know the L cases but not the W cases) but it is much less clear-cut.

That said, I suppose that learning full OLL sets would involve wasting a lot of time learning cases which are not useful or hard to recognize, time which would be better spent learning random easy cases from all the OLLs, although Jabari will have to learn those hard cases sooner or later since he does plan to learn full 1LLL.

He and I have discussed more organized approaches to this before. The problem is, as we've realized, when learning large alg sets, the organized approach often gets boring. Learning them at random is less efficient, but often far more fun.

PurpleBanana

He and I have discussed more organized approaches to this before. The problem is, as we've realized, when learning large alg sets, the organized approach often gets boring. Learning them at random is less efficient, but often far more fun.

You're probably right. I wouldn't know, since I can't really comprehend the Herculean task of learning 4000 algorithms under any circumstances.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Slightly late reply, I never pause in solves if I'm not sure I know the case. It means I miss a good chunk of cases I know, but I'd rather that than wasting the time more often than not,

Egide

Premium Member
WCA
2011HIRW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some time ago when l was interested in ZB l generated all the algorithms for ZBLS, they are very RUL heavy.

Attachments

• The Basic ZBLS Cases.pdf
    98.9 KB · Views: 28
  • The Connected Cases.pdf
    118.5 KB · Views: 9
  • The Connected With White On Top Cases.pdf
    86.5 KB · Views: 7
  • The Easy Cases.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
  • The Insert Corner Cases.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 7
  • The Separated Cases.pdf
    119.7 KB · Views: 4
  • The Separated With White On Top Cases.pdf
    88.1 KB · Views: 7
  • The VHLS cases.pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 6

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I appreciate this. However I really avoid L moves.
Do you know of any R/r U M or F heavy sets?
Honestly, I could gen the entire set in mostly Rru with a bit of RUF in a day, I just haven't taken the time to. I'll get around to eventually, but the stuff I want to do piles higher and higher and I have... like responsibilities and stuff.