Big Cubes Wiki needs improvement

Discussion in 'Help, support & suggestions' started by HommeViande, Nov 17, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. I wanted to learn new stuff about 4x4 and bigger cubes, so I looked on the speedsolving.com wiki and that was desert.

The only page that was decent (or more like ultra documented and super cool) was the 4x4 parities page. But I can't find anything about the 5x5 parities.

I'm not asking for help because I found some new stuff here and there on the internet, but it would be cool if someone who masters the big cubes could fullfill the wiki with his knowledge. I mean, what's the point of a wiki if not to be as complete, as exhaustive as possible ?

2. ViliusRibinskas

ViliusRibinskas Member

May 17, 2015
    Lithuania
    WCA:
    2015RIBI01
    YouTube:
    UCrZ8QzNfqji4lx7jAYHHbZw
    I'll upload more resources. Thanks for noticing that.

EDIT: Added a bunch of videos/website links to yau method page and reduction method page.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  3. 1973486

1973486 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    The wiki is mostly dead because no one bothers to contribute. For your specific question, there's no 5x5 parities page because there's only one "parity" and everyone uses the same alg as 4x4.

4. ViliusRibinskas

ViliusRibinskas Member

May 17, 2015
    Lithuania
    WCA:
    2015RIBI01
    YouTube:
    UCrZ8QzNfqji4lx7jAYHHbZw
    There is meep's website with all last 2 edges cases for 5x5, but it is worth to learn it when you avg like 1:30

5. stoic

stoic Premium Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland
    WCA:
    2013DEAR01
    True, and it's a shame.
    A big part of it might be because you need to register and get a separate login to edit the wiki.
    I actually don't know if I even have one...I mean, I think I registered once but I'm not sure. I just tried and couldn't get in.
    Anyone else think the same?

6. The wiki isn't really there for learning tips and stuff but simply to detail the steps and similar of the various methods, cubes and substeps.