• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best spring swap mods

Joey VOV

WCA
2013STAH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I actually tried the SS 6x6 springs in the normal sized 7x7, and it is pretty impressive, I still need to work on the tensions though and maybe put a thicker lube in it to make it less "slidey" That is just personal preference though.

s3rzz

The f4 feels like total dog **** when you first get it, but if you use dayan hardware/core and take out those torpedos it feels awesome.
I know this was about springs only but i think im the only person who likes the f4

WCA
2012CHIE01
I put the extra (silver, soft) CX-3 springs into my wittwo v1. It's slightly faster, but less stable. It kept all its corner cutting from before. I think I like it better.
Note that my wittwo was pretty sucky prior to this, and it could just be that I cleaned and relubed the cube...

dLee50714

Why don't you try it out? See how it works. :)
Haha I will, just waiting for the weilong and the dayan hardware to come in the mail. Just wondering if anyone has tried it though. I've heard of the weilong being uncontrollable and having a flimsy outer layer but perhaps the dayan springs could possibly make it stiff.

YddEd

WCA
2012SHAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I put the extra (silver, soft) CX-3 springs into my wittwo v1. It's slightly faster, but less stable. It kept all its corner cutting from before. I think I like it better.
Note that my wittwo was pretty sucky prior to this, and it could just be that I cleaned and relubed the cube...
I put those springs in my Dayan 2x2 and it's amazing.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha I will, just waiting for the weilong and the dayan hardware to come in the mail. Just wondering if anyone has tried it though. I've heard of the weilong being uncontrollable and having a flimsy outer layer but perhaps the dayan springs could possibly make it stiff.

Oh CBC? That's just him as far as I can tell. The Weilong is fine. It can be a bit uncontrollable but just dump copious amount of lube in. Well not really copious. Just overlube it a bit.

SenileGenXer

Thank you Michael. I don't have a whitwo but I cut down my soft Vcube4 springs and tried this. I wound up with a fast Fangshi that has just a little less friction. Had to tension it a little tighter so I lost some corner cutting. Overall it's very nice.

Took the unmodified Fangshi springs and put them in a 55mm Zhanchi like Lchu613 did. Fangshi springs in a Zhanchi might be three steps too far or the best swap ever. I'll update the first post when I have tried these longer.

Last edited:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you Michael. I don't have a whitwo but I cut down my soft Vcube4 springs and tried this. I wound up with a fast Fangshi that has just a little less friction. Had to tension it a little tighter so I lost some corner cutting. Overall it's very nice.

Took the unmodified Fanshi springs and put them in a 55mm Zhanchi like Lchu613 did. This might be a step to far. A crazy crazy crazy interesting step too far. I'll update the first post when I have tried these longer.

Oh cool I'm glad you like it.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kinda wish I had a Wittwo just to try this

SenileGenXer, I currently have the Zhanchi back with its normal springs, and I have to say it was definitely more flexible with the Fangshi springs but it's much more stable this way. I think with a 55mm Zhanchi though it might work better , but I'm not sure. Maybe.