• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bay Area Unofficial Competition

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm willing to spend as much time necessary scrambling bigcubes as well, and can do so relatively quickly. But you would also have to convince me it's worth my while to come up from socal.

Tyson

WCA
2004MAOT02
Are you willing to not compete in your own competition in order to make it run smoother?

You should do the competition in Napa.

What type of venue are you looking at? And also, where are you getting the equipment for the competition, or are you just going to stop watch things. My instinct is that no one will really show up for an unofficial competition. Your best bet is to do the following:

1. secure a venue and a date
2. secure some people who will help
3. don't compete in your own competition. at least the first one. it will convince california delegates (Leyan, Dan) that you're willing to work to make the competition happen. And that you're not just doing this so that you can compete in big cube events
4. you should be offering to help at the existing competitions delegated by Dan and Leyan. As it stands, I don't really know who you are. But that's okay, because I'm never there. If Leyan and Dan (Northern California delegates) don't know who you are either, well, then you should probably improve on this.
5. probably a $1,000 cash prize to the fastest person with the last name "Mao" should be awarded. This one is definitely a requirement.

Are you going to attend Reno? You could help out Dan and Leyan there.

And after Reno, I suddenly have an urge to organize a competition in a winery. Those of you who know me know that I'm not my brother. And so I'm not going to take it that *extra one step.*

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bWv1T-YuOg

He can suck it. I think I can definitely average sub-17 in competition now. For 5 solves, I may even be able to pull sub-16. I'm working on it... my best average of 12 right now is 16.02. My previous best average of 12 was around 5 years ago, and that was 16.60.

Prices are still under $200 from JFK to ORD for next weekend...

SuperNerd

WCA
2009KNOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm willing to spend as much time necessary scrambling bigcubes as well, and can do so relatively quickly. But you would also have to convince me it's worth my while to come up from socal.

I'm afraid that I have not planned enough of this maybe-comp to really persuade you to come up to NorCal, but if this becomes legit, I'll definitely get back to you with reasons to come up to help out.

Are you willing to not compete in your own competition in order to make it run smoother?

What type of venue are you looking at? And also, where are you getting the equipment for the competition, or are you just going to stop watch things. My instinct is that no one will really show up for an unofficial competition. Your best bet is to do the following:

3. don't compete in your own competition. at least the first one. it will convince california delegates (Leyan, Dan) that you're willing to work to make the competition happen. And that you're not just doing this so that you can compete in big cube events
4. you should be offering to help at the existing competitions delegated by Dan and Leyan. As it stands, I don't really know who you are. But that's okay, because I'm never there. If Leyan and Dan (Northern California delegates) don't know who you are either, well, then you should probably improve on this.
5. probably a $1,000 cash prize to the fastest person with the last name "Mao" should be awarded. This one is definitely a requirement.

And after Reno, I suddenly have an urge to organize a competition in a winery. Those of you who know me know that I'm not my brother. And so I'm not going to take it that *extra one step.*

Yeah, I'd not compete. Definitely. I'd just like to see a competition that I organize run smoothly.

I'm attending EPGY Stanford Winter 2010, and I'm not too sure about Reno. But I could see about it. I've asked Lucas Garron if there is anything I can do to help out on the organizing team, such as scramble or judge, just to get a better feeling of how a competition is run.

So yeah, I'm not competing in this competition, assuming I can get it to happen. I'd probably shoot for some date in late august or early september so I can make sure that all of the kinks get worked out, and everything runs smoothly. I'd begin really planning this in 2 weeks over a break I have from school if this becomes something that will happen for sure.

I'm not to sure about a Napa Venue. I could work on that for sure though.

The definite events would be 4x4-7x7, mostly because Big Cubes (5x5+) don't get very much love here in Northern California.

This sounds like the perfect way to learn why big cubes don't get much love in Northern California. Have fun at the scrambling table!

I'd spend all the time I can scrambling, and I have a couple other people who said that they would scramble for some of the time as well.

Just to clarify, this might not happen at all. I'm still seeing if everything would work out.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I'm afraid that I have not planned enough of this maybe-comp to really persuade you to come up to NorCal, but if this becomes legit, I'll definitely get back to you with reasons to come up to help out.

Yeah, I'd not compete. Definitely. I'd just like to see a competition that I organize run smoothly.

I'm attending EPGY Stanford Winter 2010, and I'm not too sure about Reno. But I could see about it. I've asked Lucas Garron if there is anything I can do to help out on the organizing team, such as scramble or judge, just to get a better feeling of how a competition is run.

So yeah, I'm not competing in this competition, assuming I can get it to happen. I'd probably shoot for some date in late august or early september so I can make sure that all of the kinks get worked out, and everything runs smoothly. I'd begin really planning this in 2 weeks over a break I have from school if this becomes something that will happen for sure.

I'm not to sure about a Napa Venue. I could work on that for sure though.

The definite events would be 4x4-7x7, mostly because Big Cubes (5x5+) don't get very much love here in Northern California.

This sounds like the perfect way to learn why big cubes don't get much love in Northern California. Have fun at the scrambling table!

I'd spend all the time I can scrambling, and I have a couple other people who said that they would scramble for some of the time as well.

Just to clarify, this might not happen at all. I'm still seeing if everything would work out.

a2c. Shirts. We shall do eet.
Lol.