• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Auto cube scrambler

iseldoff

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just a question has anyone ever tried to make or know were i can get a affordable auto cube scrambler. And what I mean by that is a device were you can put your 3x3 into and it will scramble it for you. I've seen Lego solvers on YouTube. Maybe they can be reprogramed but I would have no idea how to do that let alone build one.

WCA
2010BULA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lolwut. Scrambles are usually 25 moves. Something tells me your solves take more than 25 moves. Not having to scramble would not come even close to cutting the amount of turning you do in half.

I think he will use two cubes
and while solving, the autoscrambler can scramble the other cube for him.

anyway, I still like scrambling my own cube. It can also improve my fingertricks.
although, it is really cool to have that autoscrambler. :tu

Last edited:

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It'd be the most help if you have two cubes, one you solve, while the other is being scrambled. Therefor, there would be practically no delay between solves, other than the normal inspection. But I honestly don't find scrambling much of a problem. But of course, I would definitely prefer one. :)

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Someone who's really good at robotics should make a machine to help people do cube marathons. It would have a cube intake conveyor belt thing, and a cube output place, and you'd give it your solved cubes and it would do random moves on them for you. As long as it can scramble faster than the WR holder can solve, you could use it to replace a partner, and do tons of marathons all by yourself.

(For normal practice, though, I'd suggest just doing the scrambles yourself... unless you're doing huge cubes, it's really not that hard. And if your hands get tired scrambling, you probably need a better cube.)

iseldoff

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lolwut. Scrambles are usually 25 moves. Something tells me your solves take more than 25 moves. Not having to scramble would not come even close to cutting the amount of turning you do in half.
Yea I'm still solving average around a min so I probably my solve most likely take more then 25 moves. I'm using fredrik but I still have quite a bit of algorithms to memorize. And that time I know is very slow considering ive been cubing about 9 or 10 months now. But also about the scramble I probably scramble the cube longer then I should as well I normally scramble for at lest a min or 2. It's kind of a habit I really wanna make sure the cube is scrambled properly. That's why a auto scrambler would be awesome there would be no doubt in my mind that the cube is scrambled properly. But if I scramble for a min and it take me a min to solve then most likely I could almost double it, no?

Last edited:

iseldoff

YouTube
Visit Channel
(For normal practice, though, I'd suggest just doing the scrambles yourself... unless you're doing huge cubes, it's really not that hard. And if your hands get tired scrambling, you probably need a better cube.)
naw I have a zhanchi lubed with lubix it's not the cube it's me I have major joint pain all over my body my hands weren't to bad but there getting worse so yea that's the reason for the soreness. Plus those numbers I gave was very ruff estimates. I practice all day stopping every couple of hours for about 30 min to a hour at a time so 50 solves is like the min I do all day it's probably more then that most days but at the end of the day my hands are pretty sore.

Last edited:

aronpm

But also about the scramble I probably scramble the cube longer then I should as well I normally scramble for at lest a min or 2. It's kind of a habit I really wanna make sure the cube is scrambled properly. That's why a auto scrambler would be awesome there would be no doubt in my mind that the cube is scrambled properly.
Use a timer that gives scrambles, don't hand scramble.

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO, it would take a lot of effort (and money) to develop a robot capable of scramble several cubes faster than a human.

But a scrambler machine at home could be useful for multiblind when you don't own many cubes. Although it could be cheaper to just buy the bl**** cubes.

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's an idea I had a while ago.
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?28690

Edit: I was thinking about this some more and was thinking what the simplest design for a random cube scrambler could be. It doesn't need the complexity of a solver. I think it would be possible to make a purely mechanical scrambler. Here's my idea:
You have an upside-down cone shaped funnel about 20cm high. At the bottom of a cone is a shooting device (spring powered) that continuously throws the cube up (with a bit of spin), which will then bounce, roll and slide down the side of the cone back to the same position at the bottom, but with a random orientation. Additionally there's an arm at the bottom which performs a quarter turn on one of the cube faces, which is in synch with the thrower and performs a turn just before the throw. Both are powered by a single motor.
Quite easy to make I think and would be fun to watch but the down side is that it would be quite slow, although I think you could get it to do 20 turns in around 30 seconds.

Last edited:

mazter2010

My idea is to have 6 small motors attached to the core, and center pieces and then a way to controll them (bluetooth?)
The motors would also act as sensors and would display moves live on a computer screen, now wheres my super glue?