• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aolong v2: change or not?

Nasalmirror

So I have a MoYu Aolong v2 but I feel like I'm doing something wrong..it's just feels like I can't find the sweet spot in tensioning. Should I change cube and buy maybe something cheap but good and newer like the Little Magic, or am I doing something wrong in the s

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Honestly I'd say to just keep trying, and make sure your tensions are even on each side. The AoLong V2 is a very outdated cube, so you probably will want to get something newer eventually (I'd recommend anything magnetic, if you really want a step up), but you can definitely make it work with what you have.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Strip the entire cube down including the core. Then build it up from scratch being sure the check the tensions on the core before you add any pieces. Once you build it up be sure to then tension all the sides by the same amount in order to maintain the tensions across the centers.

The Aolong V2 was a great cube, but by today's standards it's not quite there. Spend a couple $$ and get a budget magnetic cube

Nasalmirror

Honestly I'd say to just keep trying, and make sure your tensions are even on each side. The AoLong V2 is a very outdated cube, so you probably will want to get something newer eventually (I'd recommend anything magnetic, if you really want a step up), but you can definitely make it work with what you have.

I keep trying to find a sweet spot, but I just seem to be missing it or it's just not there for me. I keep stucking on algorythms or slipping with my fingers if the tenion is too lose. The cube was awesome when I first started, but now it feels kinda awkward. What cube would you recommend which is not too too expensive?? (in the maximum of 20-25euros). And also, where should I buy cubes, living in Europe, Italy?? (amazon doesn't have great stock nor prices)

Nasalmirror

Strip the entire cube down including the core. Then build it up from scratch being sure the check the tensions on the core before you add any pieces. Once you build it up be sure to then tension all the sides by the same amount in order to maintain the tensions across the centers.

The Aolong V2 was a great cube, but by today's standards it's not quite there. Spend a couple $$ and get a budget magnetic cube

I did that just 2 days ago, but the cube still feels akward to me. It was great at the beginning, but now it's just not there anymore.
Where would you buy a new cube, considering I live in Italy? (amazon does not have great stock)

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I did that just 2 days ago, but the cube still feels akward to me. It was great at the beginning, but now it's just not there anymore.
Where would you buy a new cube, considering I live in Italy? (amazon does not have great stock)
cubezz.com .... their prices are good, but the free delivery is slow depending on what your local postal service is like. Their express shipping on the other hand is amazing, but there is a price to pay for that.