• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] AoChuang GTS tensioning problem

WCA
2017ALQU01
Thread starter #1
I got the AoChuang GTS recently and tried to tension it without success. The center cap won't come off no matter what I try to remove or how I try to remove it. All help will be appreciated.

Same problem here! I can see the center piece is in 2 different pieces but i can't get either one of them to come out. Really sad because the cube came OOTB insanely great for me, but the blue side is just making a bad springy noise...

Woops, nevermind! I posted an answer too early lol. I checked MoYu's website, and they show the piece you need to remove in order to see the screw. Just really carefully but with a good amount of force, try to take off the little piece with your thumb and index, then you should get this :

Attachments

Oh no! Should I take it apart? I hoped it's enough to remove 3-4 pieces...
I have email notifications on so you're lucky, you won't have to wait a day for an answer :p i personnally only remove 2 middle center pieces and 1 corner center piece, and just force hard under the center cap where the screw is, with your hand or the screwdriver if it's easier for you. You can also not put the cap directly before reassembling, because the cube works fine without them so if you remove them all you can test your tensions before putting the caps back on each center. Linked a pic as well for you to visualize, i would have preferred a video but i tried 3 times and it keeps saying it can't process the video :) good luck! image.jpg

Wow! I wish all people would be this helpful! :) Thank you so much!
How does the center cap looks? It's my second AoChuang GTS M because the first one's center piece broke and I couldn't replace it. And when I tried to remove the center cap, I couldn't remove it, no matter how hard I tried. Can you show me a picture of the center cap? (just to imagine how I have to move it when I take off)

By the way, I registered now so I didn't have to wait for a day for the reply. I had to wait a few minutes after register. :D

Oh never mind! I found this video. :) It seems extra easy... Hm... :D I'm gonna try now... :)
Oh nice! I actually didn't know MoYu made a video about this. But yeah overall this cube to me is the best on in terms of performance, but the tensionning really is a pain. I'm sure the GTS2M will fix it, but we can all wait for it for quite some time from now :/ glad you found!

Well, I did it. But honestly not the same as last time. :( My previous AoChuang GTS M was better. I tighten the tensions but it still lockups a lot while hard to turn. If I loosen them, easier to turn but it comes with more lockups. :D By the way it's quite easy to take out the center caps, all we need is just to be brave enough to force them.

I gave up. My first AoChuang was the best 5x5 in the world but this new one is simply a bad cube... :D My old Yuxin is better. I don't know what's the problem with this. It lockups even I tight the tensions while I almost can't turn. So the tensions don't effect the lockups... I will buy a Cubicle AoChuang GTS M I guess... I don't know what's the problem.