• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Announcing 0Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubePhysics

Hello, fellow cubers. I am here to Introduce my new cube manufacturer, Cube0. Cube0's first product is the 3x3 0Cube. The name describes its movement: 0 (effortless). It is now a 3x3 cube, that is designed by YOU.

Backstory
The 0Cube started out as a GuHong mod in 2010 (or around there). From there, it was since updated to the ZhanChi. I will also say that then, it was not called the 0Cube, or manufactured by Cube0, it was simply called the PhysicsCube. It is actually the best mod out there, all of them say who tried the mod, but was undermined by the already-popular mods, like Florian. The mod is now closed. Don't even ask for it. However, when the time came, we set out to create our own page of the book, and create our own cube. And here it is. Screenshots coming soon.

What's so special?
First off, the cube is manufactured in the USA. No cube can say that except the crappy Rubik's Cube itself. This is V1 of a long line of Cube0s. It has a brand new mechanism that is derived from the ZhanChi, but has nothing to show for it. It moves like gravity. It cuts like butter. it turns like wind. What do they all have in common? It just does. You don't even notice it. It can corner-cut to 44.9 degrees like it didn't even corner cut at all, and can reverse corner-cut 44.9 degrees effortlessly. That is a spec that has never, ever been seen before. And on top of all that, there still aren't any shaved corners of the cubies. The cube pops just as much as the original Rubik's Cube (never), and never locks. It has no torpedoes, so it won't get stuck in that sense, either. Also, the cube is garunteed to make it through 43, 252, 003, 274, 489, 856, 000 solves, just as many permutations there are in the Rubik's cube. This cube is also guaranteed to be the fastest and most controlled cube on the market. Don't believe me? Well, pretty soon you will be able to get the -1Cube for $49.99! The -1Cube is a beta test cube that will be released exactly 1 year before the 0Cube's debut. That means that the -1Cube will be released on it's -1st year anniversary!

Wait, you can't take it apart without ruining it like the Rubik's Cube?
That is not correct. I know the previous paragraph made it sound like that, so I don't fault you. But no, there are screws underneath the each center cubie which will remove its respective center piece along with the layer the center piece was with.

$49.99!!!!!
No, no, no. That is just for the -1Cube. The 0Cube will cost $19.99 upon launch. Additionally, 99 -1Cubes will be given away free, and 99 more 0Cubes upon official launch!

So, is this a one-time thing, or...
Every January first, a new cube will be released. This means that the 1Cube will be released on Jan. 1, 2017, followed by the 2Cube in 2018, and so on. The -1Cube will be released Jan 1, 2015, and the 0Cube in 2016. Sorry for the long wait.

Will some cubes fail, like the LingYun V1?
This is the exact reason why only one cube will be released per year. We're like Apple. We don't just scrap stuff together and hope for the best, we wait until it already is the best, then release it.

Will you make other cubes, like the fancy pants ones at MF8?
No. We are strictly sticking to 3x3, with the addition of the 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5 in 2017. There is a chance that by 2017 this will have changed. But for now, no.

How do I win a -1Cube?
There will be a raffle hosted here at SpeedSolving.com starting January 1, 2015. If SpeedSolving decides to sponsor the event, many more than 99 cubes will be raffled off.

But 2015 is in a long time!
Yep.

But, but...
Feel free to ask below!

But what about that secret -2Cube...
Shhh!!! Ok, fine. we will be selling our last 199 modded ZhanChis on July 1st, 2014. Then they're gone. Forever.

One last thing...
Lubix Cube has partnered with us, so optional Lubix serviced 0Cubes will be available for an extra $4.99. Pre-lubed -1Cubes will not be available.

Thanks for your time! Listen for updates!

EDIT: Hm. I thought this would happen. A particularly negative response from the forum. Well, I guess everyone beats down the newcomers. It's OK. We will still release the 0Cube!

Last edited:

KongShou

WCA
2013KONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
wow so amazing

It moves like gravity. It cuts like butter. it turns like wind. What do they all have in common? It just does. You don't even notice it. It can corner-cut to 44.9 degrees like it didn't even corner cut at all, and can reverse corner-cut 44.9 degrees effortlessly. That is a spec that has never, ever been seen before. And on top of all that, there still aren't any shaved corners of the cubies. The cube pops just as much as the original Rubik's Cube (never), and never locks. It has no torpedoes, so it won't get stuck in that sense, either. Also, the cube is garunteed to make it through 43, 252, 003, 274, 489, 856, 000 solves, just as many permutations there are in the Rubik's cube. This cube is also guaranteed to be the fastest and most controlled cube on the market.

really?

let look forward to such a cube in 2016

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
OP, have you put enough research in to know just how good the current 3x3 market is? Let alone in 2 years time?

rudra

Hello, fellow cubers. I am here to Introduce my new cube manufacturer, Cube0. Cube0's first product is the 3x3 0Cube. The name describes its movement: 0 (effortless). It is now a 3x3 cube, that is designed by YOU.

Can you upload a video to support your claim? I don't think no one would believe you by seeing only pictures.

nibble4bits

It sound like an utopia, sorry dude, we have amazing cubes at this time but hope you get to release "the best cube ever"

Czery

WCA
2010QIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The fact that it's going to take two years for just the beta to be released is a bit absurd.
Yeah, maybe it takes years to set up manufacturer plants, sign contracts among other things but why make an announcement two years early.
By the time two years are gone, I don't think these cube will be much better than other cubes in 2015.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The fact that it's going to take two years for just the beta to be released is a bit absurd.
Yeah, maybe it takes years to set up manufacturer plants, sign contracts among other things but why make an announcement two years early.
By the time two years are gone, I don't think these cube will be much better than other cubes in 2015.

I agree with you also look at todays top Speedcubes company's Like Moyu and FangShi they both started making cubes in 2013 and they make cubes that are better or the same as the Dayan cubes that have been out for 2 or 3 years now.

brian724080

Wow, this is great, I'm totally going to keep an eye on this thread for the next decade just for a cube that cuts 44.9 degrees and turns like the wind.

Seriously, no speedcuber cuts over 20 degrees regularly, and our cubes already turn like the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.