• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Angstrom Research

Duncan Bannon

If you are unaware, Chris Tran has a new shop to sell his ideas that cant be mass made to sell at thecubicle.us. The funds raised go directly to his college fees. His website is http://angstromresearch.net/ He has plans to add more items, but currently has 5 lubes and 2 cubes. The lubes are Dignitas ($5) and Gravitas ($5). The Dignitas Lube offers a different kind of fast and smooth than most silicone lubes. The Gravitas however is a lube used to get a lasting gummy feel. The five cubes are Angstrom Volt Sq-1 M($60) Angstrom Galaxy Megaminx M ($65) Polymer Prototypes ($16) Polmer coated GTS2M ($50) and Old Plastic Dayan coated GTS2M($65). The Sq-1 has replaced Qiyi hardware with a M3 Machine Screw and loctite nut to prevent stripping. It has an engraved 100% legal logo. And is fully magnetic with a black box. The Galaxy is magnetized by using the press fit method. It is also fully lubed and comes in a black box. The Polymer Prototypes are cubes Chris has polymer coated. They are fully functional, but some are better than others(non perfect cubes). The Polymer Coated GTS2M is a Polymer coated magnetic GTS2. The Old Plastic Dayan coating makes the GTS2M feel like a OP cube. He also has GTS2 box for sale ($.50)The box can be used on Facebook to get 15% off your next order.

Dignitas- This lube is exactly how it was described. After break in A+++ just make sure to watch his video on application of the lube.

Now part of the Cubicle.us

Gravitas- If you have this lube PM/post how it is.

Sq-1- If you have this cube PM/post how it is.

Galaxy- If you have this cube PM/post how it is.

Polymer Prototype- If you have this cube PM/post how it is.

Polymer coated GTS2M- If you have this cube PM/post how it is.

OP coated GTS2M- If you have this cube PM/post how it is.

The GTS2 Boxes - Cool Magnetic boxes!

I’m plan on keeping this up to date with his new releases.

Last edited:

Duncan Bannon

I will do my best to find out this afternoon, but I dont know right now. But the lube allows for low viscosity. It has nano scale nitride mixed with silicone for lasting speed. It also helps prevent future damage by friction which is really cool.

Reed Merrill

What exactly is Dignitas lubricant? Backstory for the name?

In one of his Youtube video be says it's based on Latin, because he likes the language. Dignitas means 'worth' and Gravitas means 'gravity,' according to Google translate.

I've definitely become a pretty big Chris Tran fan, and his Youtube channel is super informative on what he's up to, especially because sometimes he uploads secret videos.