• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AlgExplorer: command-line utility to assist in alg searching

Liquorice

Using the batch file:
Ignore AUFs (y/n)? y

'python' was not recognized as an internal or external command, a program or a batch file.​
:(o_O
I get the same error when I accidentally write "python algexplorer.py yperm_ruf.txt trained.txt -s -p 5 -o output.txt -tl Uxyz -tr Uxyz" so maybe that's the source of error?
Using the python file manually works like a charm though. Only thing is that identical algorithms are not always deleted, so when trimming an alg of post-U/U'/U2 there are four identical algorithms left from most algorithms (but not all algorithms).

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Using the batch file:
Ignore AUFs (y/n)? y

'python' was not recognized as an internal or external command, a program or a batch file.​
:(o_O
I get the same error when I accidentally write "python algexplorer.py yperm_ruf.txt trained.txt -s -p 5 -o output.txt -tl Uxyz -tr Uxyz" so maybe that's the source of error?
Using the python file manually works like a charm though. Only thing is that identical algorithms are not always deleted, so when trimming an alg of post-U/U'/U2 there are four identical algorithms left from most algorithms (but not all algorithms).
Most likely cause is that Python is not on the path. There are two possible solutions:

1. You could add the python folder, usually "C:/PythonXX" (depending on your Python version) to the PATH environment variable. You can Google how to edit environment variables for your version of Windows.

2. Or, you can edit the batch file and change
Code:
python algexplorer.py
to
Code:
C:/PythonXX/python.exe algexplorer.py
Changing XX to whatever it needs to be for your version of Python.

Teoidus

Using the batch file:
Yeah, didn't try to remove duplicates because it would slow things down dramatically. I'll try to add this in the next version.