Additional spoiler BBCode options

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by masterofthebass, Mar 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. masterofthebass

masterofthebass Premium Member

May 13, 2007
    Denver, CO
    WCA:
    2007COHE01
    YouTube:
    masterofthebass
    Brest came up with a good idea for a BBCode feature and I have added it to the forum. You can now create this:

yay!

by typing this:

[noparse]
    yay!
    [/noparse]

[noparse][/noparse] will still work the same as always.

2. Cubenovice

Cubenovice Forever Slow

Nice!

Now go to bed!

3. Stefan

Stefan Member

May 7, 2006
    WCA:
    2003POCH01
    YouTube:
    StefanPochmann
    I've been using these labeled spoilers and like them a lot, but they don't work for me in tapatalk. Two examples copied&pasted from tapatalk documentation:

Simple spoiler
    Spoiler with a title

The first one works, but the second one doesn't and even shows me my bbcode source:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  4. Stefan

Stefan Member

May 7, 2006
    WCA:
    2003POCH01
    YouTube:
    StefanPochmann
    Also, spoilers (with or without label) don't work in the mobile style (choose the style in the lower left corner of the page or go to m.speedsolving.com). In the sense that they look correct when closed, but clicking the "Show" button does nothing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  5. pjk

pjk Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    Thanks Stefan for reporting these issues. I'll work on it and update here once I've fixed it.

6. Stefan

Stefan Member

May 7, 2006
    WCA:
    2003POCH01
    YouTube:
    StefanPochmann
    Thanks. Though... I just realized maybe noone reported it before because (almost) noone uses tapatalk or the mobile style? Do you have statistics about their usage?

I rarely ever use them myself, but I often post spoilers in the "Odd WCA Stats" thread and was just trying to make them work properly for mobile.

7. pjk

pjk Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    You'd be surprised I think. Mobile is taking the internet by storm. I do have stats on pretty much everything - 30% of traffic to the site is now through mobile. I'm trying to move away from Tapatalk as I think there are better options. However, since I currently do all of the backend technical work of the site myself, things take longer to implement.

By the way, if anyone reading this has a technical background and is interested in developing speedsolving.com, please send me a PM.