5x5 parity issues

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by ckcommando, May 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. ckcommando

ckcommando Member

May 10, 2009
    wichita, kansas
    OK, on the 5x5 i have seen 2 major Parity cases that i can not seem to figure out there's:

2 1
    1 2
    1 2

and

1 flipped

I have seen dozens of algorithms for these. which one would you consider the easiest to learn? I already know how to solve a 4x4, 3x3, and 2x2 cubes

2. Sa967St

Sa967St Moderator Staff Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    WCA:
    2007STRO01
    YouTube:
    Sa967St
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
  3. Ellis

Ellis Member

Sep 23, 2008
    WCA:
    2008HALL02
    Pick whichever one you like most and can do fastest/most comfortably.

For the first one, I put it on the U layer and do a y rotation to set it up, then do: l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2

I haven't tried many other algs, but I really like that one and don't feel like I'd need to switch it for any reason. For the second case, I actually don't even know an alg for it since I do AVG edges. If I get something like that, it is ALWAYS taken care of before I get to the end. I should probably learn an alg for it just incase because I do sometimes get it when I do 7x7 edges. Oh well.

Edit- I didn't even realize that alg I posted was on the bigcubes page, it would've saved me some time to just copy it. I forget where I learned it but it wasn't there.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  4. ckcommando

ckcommando Member

May 10, 2009
    wichita, kansas
    ahh, great.. all of the pictures on bigcubes.com appear as big white boxes with an red x in it.... perfect... any other sites?

5. jCw!

jCw! Member

Apr 3, 2009
    St.Louis
    YouTube:
    mmcrisis8888
    I use www.cutix.info its yu's site, i use it for the 5v5 edge parity's.

6. jcuber

jcuber Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Behind you.
    WCA:
    2009LEVI01
    YouTube:
    jado1234567
    I only know the single wing swap, double flipped midges, and the case thats set up by:

u L' U' L F' L F L' u' (don't know name)

and I still get pretty good times.

I do the last 4 edges in such a way that it is EXTREMELY rare I get a case other than single swap, the alg described one, or a 3-cycle.