• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4x4 algorithm generator? (like cube explorer)

Charybdis

YouTube
Visit Channel
are there any big cube algorithm generators at all? specifically 4x4. just something like cube explorer where i can prduce some of my own algortithm and stuff... thank you. be very helpful if you find one :)

just another question while im here:
i got my v cube5, opened it and it moved awesomely, then i did that mod of memyselfandpi's (sanding down corner bumps) and its got horrible and stiff now, is this temporary, will it break in bettter and how long?

cheers :)

Last edited:

cuBerBruce

WCA
2006NORS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
clements optimal 4x4x4 solver

bruces five stage 4x4x4 solver

typing em into google... cant find em. can you send me a link or some help please... thanks alot dude... :)

I recently put my solver in the Software Area sub-forum (http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18615).

It's probably not very good for coming up with good algs such as for last layer cases. If you wish to try it, I suggest using the -b option to use the most types of turns.

miniGOINGS

So at one point there was an optimal 4x4 solver? I thought they didn't exist?

I think it's an *optimal* solver, but not actually optimal. Bruce's calculates the optimal sequence for 5 different stages, but not the entire optimal solution. Not sure about Clement's though, but I haven't heard of any other solvers that come close.

cuBerBruce

WCA
2006NORS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So at one point there was an optimal 4x4 solver? I thought they didn't exist?

I think it's an *optimal* solver, but not actually optimal. Bruce's calculates the optimal sequence for 5 different stages, but not the entire optimal solution. Not sure about Clement's though, but I haven't heard of any other solvers that come close.

In my solver, each step is solved optimally only with respect to move restrictions that are considered at each step. Like the Thistlethwaite algorithm, each step has fewer allowed moves than the previous step.

I believe Clement's solver generated optimal solutions, but was limited in its ability to solve very deep positions in a reasonable amount of time. Typically, the user restricted the moves it would consider to allow searching deeper within a reasonable amount of time (and thus, solutions would only be guaranteed optimal with respect to the set of moves considered).