• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Parzival12

So I recently got a 4x4 for Christmas from a family member and considering I've only solved a 3x3 I'm having issues. After getting to the final step of solving it in terms of a 3x3 and solving for any parities i run into an issue where everything is solved except for 2 corners. Those two corners are in the wrong position and as far as I know I cant move them with out taking apart my cube. Any ideas?

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
So I recently got a 4x4 for Christmas from a family member and considering I've only solved a 3x3 I'm having issues. After getting to the final step of solving it in terms of a 3x3 and solving for any parities i run into an issue where everything is solved except for 2 corners. Those two corners are in the wrong position and as far as I know I cant move them with out taking apart my cube. Any ideas?
Welcome to the Forums!

You have parity. Do the PLL parity algorithm and you will be able to have normal PLL.

Reactions: Dom

SoupTimmy

YouTube
Visit Channel
So Today I just got my Wu Que 4x4 and it's my first 4 by 4. While I was solving it I ran into this case where it doesn't look like a parity. Did I corner twist or something?

Attachments

• IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    688.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    672.4 KB · Views: 18

Joedude42

Hi guys! I'm fairly experienced with solving 3x3 cubes and recently picked up a 4x4.

I can't find any solutions or algorithms to help with this perm. I'm assuming it is a parity, but rewatching a few tutorials and searching for solutions online didn't prove to help.

Does anyone know what algorithm can help to solve this? Two edge pieces are misplaced, everything else is solved. I've provided a photo below.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the help.
637208691c59c66fa36667d2b698d5e1.jpg
8e0abd2bcb17d92f59ef7e531616068c.jpg

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do all of your edge pairing prior to trying to solve it like a 3x3. No one really uses an algorithm to do this because everyone uses reduction first, where all the edges are paired prior to the 3x3 stage.

There are algorithms that will do this but there are many cases, and trust me, you don't want to learn them

Joedude42

It looks like you have misparied the edges originally. When pairing edges, for a case like that you want to use the alg "Uw' R U R' F R' F' R Uw"
Thank you for the reply!
Unfortunately I tried the alg and it partially scrambled the cube. I solved it (scrambling it and re-solving it didn't give me a parity) and I tried the alg again to make sure I didn't execute it incorrectly, but the same thing happened. Do you have another alg that might work? In the mean time I'm going to try the same one again

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thecuberrr

WCA
2016LANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you for the reply!
Unfortunately I tried the alg and it partially scrambled the cube. I solved it (scrambling it and re-solving it didn't give me a parity) and I tried the alg again to make sure I didn't execute it incorrectly, but the same thing happened. Do you have another alg that might work? In the mean time I'm going to try the same one again

Sorry I probably didn't make it very clear, that alg has to be performed in the middle of a solve when you are pairing the edges before f2l, and ll is done.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you for the reply!

the alg he wrote should be performed with the two unpaired edges on the front left and front right

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys! I'm fairly experienced with solving 3x3 cubes and recently picked up a 4x4.

I can't find any solutions or algorithms to help with this perm. I'm assuming it is a parity, but rewatching a few tutorials and searching for solutions online didn't prove to help.

Does anyone know what algorithm can help to solve this? Two edge pieces are misplaced, everything else is solved. I've provided a photo below.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the help.
637208691c59c66fa36667d2b698d5e1.jpg
8e0abd2bcb17d92f59ef7e531616068c.jpg

With the two edges on the top front and top back, preform this algorithm

(F U' R U) (l' U2 l' U2) (F2 l' F2) (r U2 r' U2) l2 (U' R' U F')
l/r= inner L/R-slice move
Brackets are just to isolate moves and help understand what moves need to be preformed.
If it helps without them:
F U' R U l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2 U' R' U F'

As stated above, you should build all of your edges before solving the cube into this position.
I only know this alg because I use it for 4BLD parity.

Hope this helps!

Joedude42

With the two edges on the top front and top back, preform this algorithm

(F U' R U) (l' U2 l' U2) (F2 l' F2) (r U2 r' U2) l2 (U' R' U F')
l/r= inner L/R-slice move
Brackets are just to isolate moves and help understand what moves need to be preformed.
If it helps without them:
F U' R U l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2 U' R' U F'

As stated above, you should build all of your edges before solving the cube into this position.
I only know this alg because I use it for 4BLD parity.

Hope this helps!
That's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much! I also appreciate the help from everybody else, thanks guys!

pinser

WCA
2016GOHT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought a Wuque, cleaned it, lubed it, and did a few hundred solves with it. However, I can't do the 3x3 stage as fast as with a 3x3 (~5 secs slower). Did I not set it up correctly, am I not used to turning a 4x4, or will a 4x4 never be as easy to turn as a 3x3?

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought a Wuque, cleaned it, lubed it, and did a few hundred solves with it. However, I can't do the 3x3 stage as fast as with a 3x3 (~5 secs slower). Did I not set it up correctly, am I not used to turning a 4x4, or will a 4x4 never be as easy to turn as a 3x3?

For me, a 4x4 will never turn as smoothly at the 3x3 stage as a 3x3, however 5 seconds is a big difference. What do you average at 3x3?

Join one of the forum 3x3 race threads, but using your WuQue. Practicing the 3x3 stage in isolation does help.

Also, remember you don't have parities on 3x3, so that will also affect your times. Drill your parity algs to improve them.

Just my 2 cents - I'm not that fast, but my 3x3 stage is pretty good, comparatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Quite possibly a combination of all three.