• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3x3 V-Cube!

WCA
2011MURR02
They announced on their Facebook page that they'd release a new cube this month. I did find it odd that it was leaked to a site like amazon before being officially announced. I still believe it could be the 3x3 that has been produced. It's cheaper than a big cube to produce and after a 3x3 all they need is a 4x4 to be the first company to have a 2-7 series (I think)

$19 V-cube

$7 home made fake V-cube
Yes it won't help my speed solves, but it will be another addition to my v-cube collection. If I made a fake V-cube at home I would always be reminded that it was fake xD ! I just want to have a (as complete as possible) full collection of v-cubes :p

Andreaillest

Premium Member
WCA
2012PANY02
YouTube
xAsianRejectx
It's not a big cube like most of us are demanding, but it's a cube release nonetheless. I'm really just curious on what the mechanisms looks like and how it compares to popular Dayan cubes. I might consider buying it if it can actually hold a candle to Dayans.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
frk17
Meh. If that's what they want to do, so be it. They'll go bankrupt if they make one mistake...

Besides, we already have really awesome cubes. I kinda have a feeling that this is gonna suck. If it doesn't, so be it.

Also, ew pillowed :3
bankrupted because of what? Speedcubers only make up a small part of their market.

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
MLSTRMRVLTN
Not what I was expecting, but still, its a new V-cube. The only thing is, making it pillowed basically stops most speedcubers from buying it, and considering average peopole would go with a Rubik's brand 3x3, they could have made a better decision IMO. ALthough, being a 3x3, it's a nice surprise.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
bapao76
Although I do hope this is just a hoax, I wouldn't be surprised if it's for real.
Mefferts put their badge on the "Feliks" cube right? As a retail-store cube, this thing would distinguish itself from the Rubiks brand cubes nicely due to the form factor. Quite clever actually.

Last edited:
YouTube
kaixevandstanley
Thread starter #36
Ok so I haven't been on this site that long as a member. But Tony did a hoax about the 9x9 he made out of mini 3x3. This so called V-cube 3 isn't for sale on his american site only the German site. Also nothing on the V-cube site about them ever making a pillowed 3x3. Nothing on the V-cube site about the new release in the News Section. I'd imagine there would be something on the home page too. So I am going with a Pillowed White QJ probably with a V cut out of the sticker.
CB
Making a hoax where I ask for money would be called fraud (thanks!). Making a hoax like this would also warrant legal action by V-Cubes. I agree it is strange that it suddenly appeared on Amazon though now I think it has been removed from the official Amazon.de site. This means on my site it has automatically changed to unavailable.
It was being sold by 'Verdes Innovations' who sells a lot of V-Cubes on the German Amazon.de so the company is certainly legit and has the same name as the one we all know. I suspect they were supposed to wait until an official announcement was made before offering the puzzle.
I predict it will be available everywhere in February.

YouTube
asportkingSoF
Assuming that they didn't put it up on amazon intentionally, they're probably making a cubic one as well. The pillowed one just happened to be the only one that was leaked.

WCA
2011GREE03
I can't imagine that they won't release a cubic version as well.
I'm looking forward to seeing reviews on it but I doubt it will compare to the Dayans because it is their 1st attempt.
Dayan are constantly releasing new cubes and trying to improve the designs yet V still haven't released adjustable 5-7.