• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 Feet as an event

Should feet stay an event?

• Yes

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Yes, but it should be an ao5 format

Votes: 48 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters

DhruvA

WCA
2015AROR05
I have seen people debate if they want feet as an event or not and I have seen different opinions recently. I decided to make a poll to see what the majority thinks.

Personally, I think feet is an awesome event. There is something about it that is different from other two or even one handed events. It gives a new challenge to competitors.

Also it is the only event that I have a good ranking in.

Please feel free to post your views here.

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest I used to think that Feet is a stupid event, similar to OH, etc., but once I started doing it myself I learned to like it. Completely agreed and it should be changed to ao5.

James Snowden

I enjoy feet. While I am useless at it, it gives a greater range of skills that people can compete with. Also, it combines the dexterity required for speedsolving with the need for efficiency found in FMC. Other than OH, it is the only event so dependent on both. Finally, imo it is a novel way to show non cubers about the sport.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I see no good reason for removing feet. Most of the time i see people saying it should be removed because they think its dumb or some silly reason like that. If we ever have feet removed I wan't a very good reasoning for it, though I personally would like for it to stay. I'm indifferent of wether it should be changed to Ao5 or not.

turtwig

If we were discussing whether or not to add feet, I would probably be against it, but now that it's already an event, I don't see much of a point in removing it just because some people don't like it and it would also be unfair to people who enjoy feet.
I also support changing feet (and 6x6, 7x7, and maybe 3BLD) into avg5 so DNFing a solve won't DNF the average (especially since a lot of these events are more prone to DNFs), also it would be more consistent if everything was avg5.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
If we were discussing whether or not to add feet, I would probably be against it, but now that it's already an event, I don't see much of a point in removing it just because some people don't like it and it would also be unfair to people who enjoy feet.
I also support changing feet (and 6x6, 7x7, and maybe 3BLD) into avg5 so DNFing a solve won't DNF the average (especially since a lot of these events are more prone to DNFs), also it would be more consistent if everything was avg5.
>organizing a 7x7 avg5
no thanks

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think feet really needs to go towards ao5 soon too.
6x6 and 7x7 are mo3 because of time constrictions, but as Feet is considerably faster than 5x5 and megaminx, both ao5 events, time is clearly not the reason not to change it to ao5. I'm not sure why it hasn't already been changed.
BLD is also due to time constrictions, I think, as sub-3ish is generally considered pretty good. (That might just be because I suck and that's what I consider goodish)

E: Sup-Mitch post!

Last edited:

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
A possible argument against making Feet an ao5 is that all previous records and times become meaningless.

I think there's enough room for improvement in feet that most current Mo3 records will become obsolete anyway soon. The question is whether they are replaced by new Mo3 records or Ao5 records.