• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 39.33 avg5

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Tips are highly appreciated!

Here are the stats:

Rubik's cube
Feb 10, 2013 6:11:27 PM - 6:17:23 PM

Mean: 40.28
Average: 39.33
Best time: 34.63
Median: 38.56
Worst time: 48.80
Standard deviation: 5.46

Best average of 5: 39.33
1-5 - 35.18 (48.80) (34.63) 44.24 38.56

1. 35.18 F2 U' L2 D2 F2 L2 D2 B2 R2 U' L F' D L' B R' F U F2 U' L2 D'
2. 48.80 B2 D' L2 U' F2 D' B2 R2 F2 U2 L' R2 U' F L B' D2 B2 F L D'
3. 34.63 D U F2 D F2 L2 U' R2 B2 U B U R F D' U2 R2 B' R B F D2
4. 44.24 F2 D' L2 D B2 R2 D2 L2 D' U L2 B U F D2 F2 R' D B L' D'
5. 38.56 U R2 U' L2 U B2 U2 F2 R2 U2 R2 B R' B' F2 D' U2 B2 F D' U2

Sorry if the angle's bad, was the best I could do...

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Hello Kunparekh,

I can see you are better than me, your finger tricks much better than me, your cube seems smooth enough, just keep on practice, so you can turn faster ( faster than me )

Sorry I can't give you an advice because I don't know what I have to say :)

Good Luck.

Rubiksfreak

All you have to do it practice, we cant really give you tips or anything other than try to see further into the solve, or learn more finger tricks because all that just comes with practice. So all i have to say is practice.

Schmidt

WCA
2012SCHM07
Just a few tips: you can make relative crosses, meaning red-white does not have to be on top of red and then R2 it in to place. It can be anywhere on the D face as long as the other colors match relative (R G O B)
Get rid of that "hold U face and rotate the other two layers until it smells like burnt plastic"
Maybe learn the F2L cases a little better so you don't take out already made pairs from their own slots(I thought I saw that, it might not be true)
Hope that Brest is being nice again and reconstructs your solves. CFOP solves "should" be less than 80 moves.

These are the same scrambles you used.
I call this masterpiece Out of focus, out of practice

Last edited by a moderator:

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Re: 39.33 Unofficial avg5

All you have to do it practice, we cant really give you tips or anything other than try to see further into the solve, or learn more finger tricks because all that just comes with practice. So all i have to say is practice.

Yes, I'll practice enough, thanks!

Hello Kunparekh,

I can see you are better than me, your finger tricks much better than me, your cube seems smooth enough, just keep on practice, so you can turn faster ( faster than me )

Sorry I can't give you an advice because I don't know what I have to say :)

Good Luck.

Thanks, I hope you get faster as well.

Try planning the cross during inspection, so you can look for your first F2L pair while solving the cross. Practice lookahead, alg speed and F2L case recognition.

I do plan my cross during inspection, but I haven't tried looking for the first pair. I'll try and see whether it makes me improve.

Just a few tips: you can make relative crosses, meaning red-white does not have to be on top of red and then R2 it in to place. It can be anywhere on the D face as long as the other colors match relative (R G O B)
Get rid of that "hold U face and rotate the other two layers until it smells like burnt plastic"
Maybe learn the F2L cases a little better so you don't take out already made pairs from their own slots(I thought I saw that, it might not be true)
Hope that Brest is being nice again and reconstructs your solves. CFOP solves "should" be less than 80 moves.

These are the same scrambles you used.
I call this masterpiece Out of focus, out of practice

I do make relative crosses, though it's opposite colors (blue-white edge beneath green center) and do a D2 to finish. I have tried doing other relative crosses, but they make me lose focus and I end up with a 15 second cross.

What is a good tutorial on lookahead?

Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

Schmidt

WCA
2012SCHM07
And what is the algoritm for the last PLL? It looks incredibly fast compared to the one I use.
Left hand A-perm : L F' L B2 L' F L B2 L2

/\ That alg made me realise that all patterns of the last layer could be solved with one alg. instead of 2-3 like the beginners solution.
When I first learned to solve the cube I used this. When I was trying to memo "Ri F Ri B B R Fi Ri B B R R" I saw that it solved the cube if the pattern was right. Then I saw that doing that alg. once on a solved cube made the mirrored image on the other side of the cube, so I thought "If I do that sequence with my left hand(mirrored) it must solve the cube" It did :) so I figured out that there must be one alg. for every different pattern. Then I went online and found this site!