• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2, pi(g) CLL method

Thread starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for detailed informations about th pi(g) CLL method for 2x2. How does it work, algs, ...

I have only found this: o_O

pi(g) CLL (part of the EG method)
Takes two steps, requires 42 algorithms
Step 1: intuitive solution of ½ of a layer.
Step 2: solution of the second layer + correction of the 1st layer

Thanks. :)

Olivier

You got something mixed up
CLL is both a standalone method and part of the EG method.
When you build a face/side on a 2x2, there are 3 possible permutations that layer could have. Solved, Adjacent Swap and Diagonal Swap. After that you use CLL, EG1 or EG2 to solve everything.

CLL specific
1. You intuitively solve a Layer
2. You solve the other Layer in one Algorithm
There are 42 algorithms to learn.
The best place to get them is algdb.net

Hello Olivier,

I am the author of that website you saw (https://hlavolam.maweb.eu/rc-2x2x2-solving-methods#pig-CLL), so allow me to clarify.

Back when I started cubing, nobody was saying CFOP method or Varasano method (as oposed to Fridrich method or Ortega method). Pi(g) CLL has the same kind of historical background.

In 2005 (?) I saw Kenneth Gustavsson's (?) webpage about EG 1, however, he was calling it pi(g) CLL (if I remember correctly) for whatever reason - btw. speedsolving.com wiki claims EG was proposed in 2006.

As it can be seen from the simulators on my site, pi(g) CLL is identical to EG 1 => one method, two names.