• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 L5C Method

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzgIKWl
Thread starter #1
This is the thread for the 2x2 method called L5C, or Last Five Corners. This is also called 1LLS, for One Look Last Slot.

The beginning of this discussion may have started here. There's probably somewhere else this was first thought of, and if so, tell me.

L5C is a method where you solve a permuted V, or 3/4 of a layer, first. Then you solve the rest of the cube (L5C) in one algorithm.
This method requires 486 total algs, subtracting CLL and TCLL gives a figure of 358 algs.
Current algsheet is found here.

Advantages:
-Making a Solved V requires significantly fewer moves than a layer or a face. Using a computer optimal solver, I have found that layers require 4.0 moves on average to solve optimally, and faces 3.0. I have not done solving for a Solved V, but it is around 2.2.
So, this means this method has a lower movecount and is easier to one-look.
-Algs can be really simple like R U R' or R U2 R' or R U R2 F R F'

I would like to add a naming convention to the algs. Each set has ~40 algs:
CLL TCLL+ TCLL-
L5C 1= L5C 1+ L5C 1-
L5C 2= L5C 2+ L5C 2-
L5C 3= L5C3+ L5C 3-

The number, 1, 2 or 3, tells you the orientation of the piece that belongs in the slot.
1 is oriented, 2 twisted clockwise, 3 twisted counterclockwise.
The symbol, =, +, or -, tells you the orientation of the piece that is IN the slot.
Again = is oriented, + twisted clockwise, - twisted counterclockwise.

Edit: Also there is subsets, like inside CLL there’s Sunes, Pi, etc, cases.
For L5C = sets, The names will be the same as CLL.
For L5C + and - sets, the names will be the same as TCLL

This method isn't really necessary but is cool.

Last edited:
Some explanations about the algsheet:

1. Algs are not fully genned,and still not optimized
2. Full L5C algs will be published later this month (or even later this year...)
3. The algs showed above is version 1
version 2 will be the optimized version with some extra algs , and it'll be published around Q2 2019
4. I think we could publish a algsheet that everyone can edit (Not that one above lol)

Sion

Tbh, 2x2 is too easy for a method of this absurdity. Solving one layer of the 2x2 in a speedcubing setting isn't that difficult and is quite efficient regardless.

I wouldn't completely ignore this, though, since it might help make Corner first 3x3x3 methods more efficient.