• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

King Mike

I just got a 2x2 yesterday. I do the corners like a 3x3 and i do COLL and a PLL (Either A perm or Y perm)
How fast can this possibly go?
I've only done 10 solves total (ever) and I got a 9.87 avg with a PB of 7.43.

I will learn CLL, but I'm just wondering

(P.S, if you haven't noticed, I'm solving it like a 3x3 pretty much)

WCA
2014ATTI01
I just got a 2x2 yesterday. I do the corners like a 3x3 and i do COLL and a PLL (Either A perm or Y perm)

1) use Jperm not A perm
2) I can average high 4s low 5s with beginners I think

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel

You mean OCLL, not COLL. It's a stupid name but it's stuck.

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i know there are only like 1000 4 move scrambles sooo divide the by 24 (CN and oreintation) and you get about 42, does someone have the solutions generated for these and is it hard to identify them?
they're usually very easy to recognize with little to no practice, except for a few (like U' R' F2 U')

You can practice them and force yourself to find a 4 move solution you can open cstimer --> 2x2 --> 3-gen and then change scramble length to 4

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
i know there are only like 1000 4 move scrambles sooo divide the by 24 (CN and oreintation) and you get about 42, does someone have the solutions generated for these and is it hard to identify them?
Learn CLL and start to learn to 1-look. Most 4-move scrambles can usually be done as a 3 move layer -> CLL skip with AUF.

(like U' R' F2 U')
U R2 F' R is quite hard to recognise too.

cashis

Why do people usually learn CLL before EG-1? It seems to me like EG-1 would be more useful.

No specific reason, actually, it just tends to be the order people go in.
The ultimate goal should be both EGs and CLL, so it doesn't really matter what order you go in

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why do people usually learn CLL before EG-1? It seems to me like EG-1 would be more useful.
Because you probably know a lot of CLL already. I've heard the algs are better too (though I don't know EG-1). You also don't need to worry about ADF.
E: Also you can't skip anything if you force an unsolved layer each solve.

Last edited:

cashis

How do yall predict AUF for Niklas in CLL?
I can predict most other aufs, but theres no obvious blocks or anything on Niklas.

WCA
2014ATTI01
thats harder. holding red in front yellow top, do:
Setup: L' U R U' L U R' U'
there is a diagonal matching bar with a negative slope on the FUR sticker and UBL sticker (in this case red). Since red is also the colour of the front face, there is no AUF.

eh idc, i got used to it because i look at the oriented corner for all sune/anti sune cases

BrianJ

WCA
2013JOHN10
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm basically sub-2, and I haven't learned much of it. I guess you could whenever because lots of the cases are just Anti-CLL, and there aren't too many cases which make you want to learn an actual alg.