• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

brian724080

What does "using logic" even mean? Do you mean that you solve a layer intuitively, then solve the top layer using commutators? If that's the case, you should probably learn Ortega, like what other people have mentioned.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
Step 1. Buy a LingPo.
Step 2. Be CN.
Step 3. Build a LAYER, not a face.
Step 4. Do OLL and PLL.
Step 5. Practise.
Step 6. Repeat Step 5 tons.

dannah

there are 8 pieces on a 2*2*2, and 27 on a 3*3*3 therefore if i average at 30 seconds at 3*3, i should average at 9 seconds for2*2

Step 1. Buy a LingPo.
Step 2. Be CN.
Step 3. Build a LAYER, not a face.
Step 4. Do OLL and PLL.
Step 5. Practise.
1. i have a lingpo
2. i am already colour neutral
3. i always build a layer not a face
4. what algorithims for OLL and PLL (i do it the other way round)

Last edited by a moderator:

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Step 1. Buy any decent 2x2 cube.
Step 2. Be CN.
Step 3. Build a FACE, can also be a layer if it's easiest option.
Step 4. Do OLL and PBL.
Step 5. Practise.

Fixed that

WCA
2014ATTI01
2x2 help?

I'm switching to CLL instead of Ortega as my main method for 2x2, while learning the algs does Anyone know a tutorial for one looking and how to practise it? You can even comment and describe it down there ↓
Much appreciated. For reference I average about 4-5 with Ortega.

lerenard

You just track the pieces through your solution until you get to the cll case, and then you start. It's not difficult to do, it's just doing it in under 15 seconds that takes practice.

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
It gets a lot easier with eg-1 in my opinion, I can predict my oll when using Ortega but with cll the extra moves to make a layer instead of a face are just too much. If I knew eg-1 algs I could probably consistently 1-look solves

lerenard

Are some CLL cases the same as OLL on 3x3? is there a ride that shows that relation?

I'm sure some are, I don't know if every CLL case can be solved by an OLL you already use, though. I would suggest playing around with your 2x2 and seeing how many you can solve using what you already know (check inverses and mirrors as well!)

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
Method Switch?

I am using LBL, and am CN. Do you guys think I should switch to Ortega? I think the thing preventing me is logic - LBL only requires a few moves to first layer, and OLL is the same - but PLL is easier, especially recog. So do you think switching would make me faster and more efficient?

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
I am using LBL, and am CN. Do you guys think I should switch to Ortega? I think the thing preventing me is logic - LBL only requires a few moves to first layer, and OLL is the same - but PLL is easier, especially recog. So do you think switching would make me faster and more efficient?

Yes, switching to Ortega will make you faster and more efficient. Yes, you should switch. If you know LBL, you can learn Ortega in under half an hour. After that, all it takes is practice.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, switching to Ortega will make you faster and more efficient. Yes, you should switch. If you know LBL, you can learn Ortega in under half an hour. After that, all it takes is practice.
It shouldn't even take nearly half an hour. You need three extra algs, one of which is 3 moves, one is [3-moves] U2 y [same 3-moves], and the other isn't hard to learn either.