• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sub 5 with Ortega and consider to change this method to CLL. It's the best idea now or is there any better method then CLL?
CLL is definitely the next step up from Ortega, which is a subset of EG. The "best method" for 2x2 is basically EG and other subsets with one looking. But that's just more algs, not really a whole new method

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01
ummm your sig disagrees with that...
My sig is stupid. Deal with it.
Actually it's bcoz at a comp I went to before I started learning CLL (I'm almost done now) I was practicing with a few ppl and one of them new full CLL and one was learning so I always told them Ortega>CLL of course knowing that the opposite was true. Guess who won.

Betmaster81

I have some questions about 2x2x2:

1) Where I can find 1LLL? It should be only 28 cases
2) Where I can find few moves syrategy or database algortihms? (In the Wiki section I have not found this material)

Thanks

Betmaster81

Thanks but I hope for an indication about Few Moves strategy for 2x2x2 also. I suspect that to cmplete the first layer and finish with CLL is not the most efficient way...

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks but I hope for an indication about Few Moves strategy for 2x2x2 also. I suspect that to cmplete the first layer and finish with CLL is not the most efficient way...
The most efficient solutions are not always the fastest because or ergonomics. In addition, many of the methods are really near optimal for many positions. EG is probably the most consistently efficient though it also has many algs.

Acuber123456

Hi there!
I am not a very good 2x2er who averages about 9 seconds. I was wondering does anyone know of a good website for cll algs?

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi there!
I am not a very good 2x2er who averages about 9 seconds. I was wondering does anyone know of a good website for cll algs?
If you're at 9 seconds average I'm not sure learning CLL is the best you can do. I know that the usual advice is, the sooner you learn the more advanced method the better but you should be able to get sub-5 at least with Ortega / Varasano and with CLL, unless you are able to one-look your solves you're not going to get much faster than that (unless you go all the way to full EG). Just sayin'