• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2nd Speedsolving Forums "Nationals Simulation" Competition!

What unofficial event/s would you like to compete in if any? Kilominx is already inluded, FYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Good Day all,

So after seeing that the first Nats Sim that @weatherman223 created was pretty popular and enjoyable, I thought that I would do a 2nd one, especially since there were some late comers that wanted to compete/were asking if there was going/could be a second one (such as @LightFlame_ and @WillyTheWizard), so here it is. Also, Big thanks to @weatherman223 for doing the first one and for allowing me to do this one, so thanks again.

This will run pretty similar to the way that the last one was, and I will be keeping the same cutoff times for the events, unless someone has a better idea or would like to see something changed. Also, this will be open to anyone that wants to compete, even if you are not going to Nationals (which I think is pretty obvious, but if not then I just wanted to let you know), also even if you are not in the USA, you are still more then welcome to compete. This is basically just another competition in these forums, but with a different name:)

I will open registration today (the day I post this) and I will close it on Sunday, June 23, 2018 at 12:00am EST or 10:00pm MST.

Please let me know in this thread or in PM's with what event/s you would like to do (before registration closes) and I will add you to that event list. Once I create the spreadsheet (like the last one) I will post the link here.

The competition will be split into 6 days, Mornings and Afternoons. Each SIMULATION morning and afternoon will take up ONE REAL LIFE DAY. On each Morning and Afternoon, there will be events being "held." You must submit your average of 5 or mean of 3 for these events before the morning/afternoon or day ends. (Some exceptions might be made and I will be posting a reminder in the thread and PM's to all, letting them know that a round/afternoon-morning will be ending in a few hours).

Scrambles will be available before each morning and afternoon so you can do them beforehand and submit them before the scheduled mornings and afternoons. When you sign up for an event, I will ping you when an events scrambles you are competing in has been posted! Stay posted every day for scrambles, when they will be posted, and any other news that I might be posting.

3x3 (Ao5, Time Limit: 1 Minute)

2x2 (Ao5, Time Limit: 30 Seconds)

4x4 (Ao5, Time Limit: 2 Minutes)

5x5 (Ao5, Time Limit: 3 Minutes)

6x6 (Mo3, Time Limit: 10 Minutes)

7x7: (Mo3, Time Limit: 10 Minutes)

3x3 Blindfolded: (Bo3, Time Limit: 5 Minutes)

3x3 with Feet: (Ao5, Time Limit: 2 Minutes)

3x3 One Handed: (Ao5, Time Limit: 10 Minutes)

3x3 Fewest Moves: (Mo3, Time Limit WCA Limit [80 Moves, 1 Hour])

Clock: (Ao5, Time Limit: 1 Minutes)

Megaminx: (Ao5, Time Limit: 3 Minutes)

Pyraminx (Ao5, Time Limit: 30 Seconds)

Skewb (Ao5, Time Limit: 30 Seconds)

Square 1 (Ao5, Time Limit: 1 Minute)

4x4 Blindfolded (Bo3, Time Limit: 12 Minutes*)

5x5 Blindfolded (Bo3, Time Limit: 25 Minutes*)

Multiple 3x3 Blindfolded (Bo2, WCA Time Limit [1 Hour, 10 mins per cube])
This will be officially decided once registration closes, but the tentative system is the top 75% will move on. If there are 4 or less competing in an event after that, then an automatic podium will be made, and all future rounds are to be cancelled.

Here is the tentative schedule for the 2nd Nats Sim. Due to that lack of competitors there may be 80% or more of people moving on to the round of an event. There is also the possibility that a 3rd or 4th round may not be held, but rather I may have the 2nd/3rd round of an event be the finals for that event. Also, due to the lack of competitors, I am planning on having a couple more unofficial events added to fill in the rounds that will not be held. The events that got the most votes in the poll will be held and those events are in order, 1st Redi cube, and since Mirror and Fisher are tied for 2nd I will try to have both as well, but if not please let me know what you would prefer out of those two.

Sunday 24 June

Registration Closes

Monday 25 June

Buffer Day

Day 1 Morning Scrambles Posted
(4BLD, 5BLD, 7x7 R1, Clock R1, Feet Finals, Skewb R1, Square 1 R1, Pyraminx R1)

Tuesday 26 June

Day 1 Afternoon Scrambles Posted (Excluding 7x7 and Clock Finals)

(4x4 R1, OH R1, MBLD Attempt 1, FMC Attempt 1)

Wednesday 27 June

Buffer Day

Day 2 Morning Scrambles Posted

Day 2 Morning: (FMC Attempt 2, MBLD Attempt 2, 5x5 R1, 6x6 R1, Megaminx R1)

Thursday 28 June

Day 1 Morning Due

(4BLD, 5BLD, 7x7 R1, Clock R1, Feet Finals, Skewb R1, Square 1 R1, Pyraminx R1)

Day 2 Afternoon Scrambles posted (Excluding 6x6 and Megaminx Finals) Rest of day 1 posted

Rest of Day 1: (7x7 Finals, Clock Finals)

(3x3 R1, 2x2 R1, Pyraminx R2, 3BLD R1, FMC Attempt 3)

Friday 29 June

Day 1 Afternoon Due

(4x4 R1, OH R1, MBLD Attempt 1, FMC Attempt 1, 7x7 Finals, Clock Finals)

No New Scrambles.

Saturday 30 June

Day 2 Morning Due

(FMC Attempt 2, MBLD Attempt 2, 5x5 R1, 6x6 R1, Megaminx R1)

Rest of Day 2 Afternoon Posted (6x6 Finals, Megaminx Finals)

Sunday 1 July

Day 2 Afternoon Due

(3x3 R1, 2x2 R1, Pyraminx R2, 3BLD R1, FMC Attempt 3)

Day 3 Morning Scrambles Posted

(3x3 R2, 2x2 R2, Skewb R2, Pyraminx R3**, 4x4 R2, 5x5 R2, Square 1 R2, One Handed R2)

Monday 2 July

Buffer Day. No due results.

No New Scrambles.

Tuesday 3 July

Day 3 Morning Due

(3x3 R2, 2x2 R2, Skewb R2, Pyraminx R3**, 4x4 R2, 5x5 R2, Square 1 R2, One Handed R2)

Day 3 Afternoon Scrambles Posted:

([Skewb R3, 3x3 R3, 2x2 R3], Square 1 Finals, 5x5 Finals, One Handed Finals, 4x4 Finals, 3BLD Finals, Pyraminx Finals)

Wednesday 4 July

Day 3 First Half Afternoon Due (Round 3s, I will ask people to do Finals if they make it.)

(Skewb R3, 2x2 R3, 3x3 R3)

Rest of Day 3 Posted

(Skewb Finals, 2x2 Finals, 3x3 Finals)

Thursday 5 July
Day 3 Second Half Afternoon Due (All Finals) and Awards

(Square 1 Finals, 5x5 Finals, One Handed Finals, 4x4 Finals, 3BLD Finals, Pyraminx Finals, Skewb Finals, 2x2 Finals, 3x3 Finals)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nP7zH0o2kA_uRB8m6I6-qKugw/edit#gid=1062257405

If you have any questions, Please, feel free to ask me below. I will be updating this post as more info on things become available so please keep you eyes open for that. I look forward to getting this and I hope that you all have a great time competing.

Last edited:

Hazel

Premium Member
I'm in! I'll sign up for 2x2-7x7, 3BLD, OH, FMC, Pyra, Skewb, and Square-1.
I'm not actually planning on going to nationals but I'd still like to participate if that's ok :p

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I'm not actually planning on going to nationals but I'd still like to participate if that's ok :p
Of course you are more then welcome to compete, and anyone on these forums is welcome to compete, even if you are not going to Nationals.:) Thanks for checking though.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
what are the days of competition
I am planning on the first day starting this coming Monday (June 24th) and going through the next week to around the 4th of July or so, but I am still working on the schedule and I will hopefully have the finalized within the next couple of days.

FOR ALL: If you would like to sign up for a event/s but do not know if you will be able to get the solves done in time, then please PM me and I can either give you an extension to summit the times or give you the scrambles a little earlier, it that works better for you. Although this is a Nat Sim, I want to make it fun for all, and allow anyone from anywhere to compete if they want to, so I do not mind extending things or allowing more time for things then like in a real competition. I hope that this is fun for any and all the want to compete and just think about this as another Forums competition:).
Also, let see if we can beat the amount of people that competed in the last, and make it bigger then the last one.:)

(Can you do tentative events like kilo and fisher cube)
Sure. I will include Kilominx and one of the evening "official events" for one day, and will see if I can add any others to that list...Actually, I will create a poll for what unofficial events people would like to do any depending on what the most votes get I will include those, on top of Kilominx:) Sound Good?

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
What events would you like to do? or did you mean "I'll do this as well" with the post above you? Sorry for not understanding, but thanks in advance for answering.

Also, sorry for the double post.
Sorry, I was busy when I saw this 2nd competition so I didn't have time to read your first post. I just wanted to make sure I got in.

For events I would like to do: 2,3,4,5,Pyraminx(of course), Skewb, Clock, OH, and FMC.
I'll do Kilominx as well and what about 2-4 relay?