• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

22LL - a last layer subset

chris w

WCA
2010WILK01
Aron, good work on finishing the page, it looks good. I'd been on your site earlier on and had learnt a few, now thats its complete I'l try and get through more of it.

bamilan

WCA
2005BATI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome. So you'll have a LL system with terrible recognition and step 2/2 will require one more algorithm than simply OLL/PLL.

Recognition is faster than recognition of PLLs when you are used to it(I basically know the place of remaining cubies after step 1, and what is needed only the orientation of 1 corner)
Step 2 requires a lot of moves, but can be done around 1.5 sec with speed optimal algorithms.
There are many ways to reduce the number of cases in step 1(or skip it).

"step 2/2 will require one more algorithm than simply OLL/PLL" <= what do you mean?

What's th probability for a random LL case to be 22LL? ... quite low I suppose?

More difficult might be the question: how much can it be increased be doing some trivial Last-Slot modifications? (partial edgecontrol / partial corner control)

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone suggesting this as a last layer method needs to read Athefre's post.

Once you have read that you can start working on a system that will solve this problem. Then you can tell us how to do CLL+1 easily, too.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, finally getting some time to have a look at this and learn some. I'm learning by PLL sets, and I'm not learning all of it. I don't see why I should, I can setup to one of a few PLL shapes easily then solve any orientation of the pieces within that shape. I decided to use T, Jb, Rb and Y. I didn't like some of the algs, so I made what I believe to be better ones for some cases, sometimes copying/modifying the ones from the site. Here's my full alg list for what I'm learning, bear in mind that it's not in Aron's notation, but by edge orientation and the "shape" of the corner orientation. Also that I sometimes do crazy stuff like R3 :p, adjust to your style as necessary.

T
PLL: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'
T: r' U r' U2 R B' R' U2 r2 B'
U: U R' z R2 U R' U' D R D' R2' U R' D R3 U'
Flip: R2 B' R' B R' F' U' F R U R' U'
T Flip: F U R' U' R D' R2 U R' U' R2 D F'
U Flip: r' R2 U' R' U F' r U' L' U2 L R2 F R F' U'

Jb
PLL: R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U'
T: r U R2' F R F' R U2' r' U r U r'
U: F2 R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' F2
Flip: R r U R' U l' U2 L F' R U2 r2' F2
T Flip: R U2 R' U' F' U R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U2
U Flip: r' R U R U' L U L' U R' U' r B2 R B2 R2'

Rb
PLL: R' U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U R U' R' U' R U'
T: R U2 R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' R U' R'
U: U R U' L U L' U R' U' L2' R' F2 l D2 L r
Flip: L2 l' U' R U2' L' U R' U' R r B2 r2'
T Flip: R U R' U R U2' B' R' U' R U B U' R' U2
U Flip: R' F U' F R' F' R2 U' R' U2 r U' r' F' R

Y
PLL: F R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' F'
L1: U r U2' R2' F R F' R U2' r'
L2: l' U L2 F' L' F L' U2 l U'
Flip: R2 U R2' F' U F R F' U' F R2 U R U' R' U' R2
L1 Flip: M' U L' U' L r U2 R' F' R U2 R r2
L2 Flip: R' U' R U' B2 r' U' r B2 R' U' R U B

Enjoy :)

Matt

Edit: Fixed some and improved some, still a couple I don't like (Y flip, T U) but I'll work on it.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, don't know if it's ok to reply here but anyway...

I generated my own set of 22LL, taking algs from http://aronpm.cubing.net/22ll/, from http://algdb.net/puzzle/333/zbll for those which are ZBLL, and I worked a lot with http://birdflu.lar5.com/?pos=Ar6i for the bad cases.
Even if it has a part of subjectivity, I consider my algs to be near of speed-optimal.

My 22LL set is available on my website : https://cubeur-manchot.github.io/Les-Algos-d-un-Manchot/22ll.html
(if you remove the /22ll.html in the url you get the home page of my website, some people might be interested)