• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] (1:16.72) New 4x4 PB - Ultimate Cuber

What's your average on a 4x4?

• Sub 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub 1:45

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Sub 1:30

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sub 1:20

• Sub 1:10

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Sub 1

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Sub 50

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Sub 45

• Sub 40

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Sub 35

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;INos5ja5cDk]http://youtu.be/INos5ja5cDk[/video]

Until now I haven't really practiced much on the 4x4 so I'm still pretty slow. What's your 4x4 average?

brian724080

I hand scrambled it lol. I don't usually use computer scrambles at home since they take way too long. :)

You should start scrambling using generators like the ones on qqTimer, csTimer, etc. This way, you'll get a variety of cases because it is easy to go into a pattern when you hand scramble, and at the same time, avoiding people who complains that the solve is not legit. The easiest way is to buy a 7x7 and do those, and 4x4 scrambles will seem effortless.

YouTube
Visit Channel
You should start scrambling using generators like the ones on qqTimer, csTimer, etc. This way, you'll get a variety of cases because it is easy to go into a pattern when you hand scramble, and at the same time, avoiding people who complains that the solve is not legit. The easiest way is to buy a 7x7 and do those, and 4x4 scrambles will seem effortless.

You're probably right. I generally try to scramble my cubes in the same sort of style that computer generated scrambles do instead of having a pattern (like crazybadcubers 3x3 scrambles) though. I try to include random moves from all over the place with no particular pattern so that it basically has the same feel as when I'm using a generated scramble. If I ever do get really fast though, I'll be using computer generated scrambles in videos so ppl will know the solves are legit.

And thx for the tip. I imagine a 4x4 scramble would feel like a piece of cake after reading a bunch of 7x7 scrambles!

Last edited:

brian724080

Sorry that I can't really give you any constructive comments on your solve, because my average is only about 60-70 seconds

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tips:

- Practice. A lot. Seriously.
- Do your first 3 cross edges with cross on left. No exceptions.
- Use this edge pairing method, the one that you use is bad (from what I can tell).
- Use this OLL parity algorithm (alg in the comments), the one that you use it bad.

Good luck! 4x4 is the best event!

Edit: Also, you should probably get a Moyu Aosu.

Bhargav777

OH friendly please
WCA
2011NARA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tips:

- Use this edge pairing method, the one that you use is bad (from what I can tell).
- Use this OLL parity algorithm (alg in the comments), the one that you use it bad.

I suddenly have so much respect for you! :)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tips:

Wow thanks a lot! Yeah the edge pairing method I was using is a sloppy version of 6 cycle edge pairing (I think that's what it's called). 3-2-3 looks a lot more simple and easy. I think I'll start using it from now on. I guess it's a good thing I'm still fairly new to 4x4 because it won't be that hard to adjust to a new method for edge pairing. The OLL parity alg looks easier than the one I'm using but I can't really tell what what it was from the video you gave (he did it in sub 3 seconds lol). Can you tell me what the alg was or give me a link?

Edit: Yeah for the most part the Aosu looks to be the most popular 4x4 out there so I'll definitely be getting one soon.

Edit 2: Never mind about giving me the algorithm. I didn't notice before that the guy posted it in the comments.

Last edited:

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I suddenly have so much respect for you! :)

Thanks?

Wow thanks a lot! Yeah the edge pairing method I was using is a sloppy version of 6 cycle edge pairing (I think that's what it's called). 3-2-3 looks a lot more simple and easy. I think I'll start using it from now on. I guess it's a good thing I'm still fairly new to 4x4 because it won't be that hard to adjust to a new method for edge pairing. The OLL parity alg looks easier than the one I'm using but I can't really tell what what it was from the video you gave (he did it in sub 3 seconds lol). Can you tell me what the alg was or give me a link?

Edit: Yeah for the most part the Aosu looks to be the most popular 4x4 out there so I'll definitely be getting one soon.

Edit 2: Never mind about giving me the algorithm. I didn't notice before that the guy posted it in the comments.

No problem! Glad I could be helpful.