• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

有誰是香港/中國/台灣人?

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

KubeKid73

Me gusta chino, pero me encanta espanol. Tambien, me gusta japones y coreano. Me choca frances. Me fascinan los cubos.

D

Deleted member 2864

Me gusta chino, pero me encanta espanol. Tambien, me gusta japones y coreano. Me choca frances. Me fascinan los cubos.

Espanol ftw XD

Me gusta demasiado espanol.

I hope I got that right, I'm new too the language :p

KubeKid73

I'm also new. I didn't know what demasiado meant so I translated it and it translates to "too", but I think that might be the wrong one. I think it means "too" as in "too much" not also. I know tambien means also, but I'm not sure if you would've been able to use that in the context of your sentence. I think tambien might be more of an "and" type word.

ckcommando

means "I like Chinese, but I love Spanish. Also, I like Japanese and Korean. It strikes me French. I am fascinated by the buckets." buckets???! :p:D:):fp
"

KubeKid73

Lol. I learned that chocar can mean that you don't like it or you can't stand it. And I just Google translated cubes and I got cubos. Lol.

Jeremy

WCA
2008CHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cantonese:
我係係英國讀書嘅香港人
ngo hai hai ying gwok dok su ge heung gong yen
(pronounced in Cantonese)

Chinese Traditional:
我是在英國讀書的香港人
Chinese Simplified:
我是在英国读书的香港人
wo shi zai ying guo du shu de xiang gang ren
(pronounced in Mandarin)

:D

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
我是新加坡人。我非常讨厌华语。华语是我最差的subject。。。LOL PWN i forgot what subject is >.<
虽然学了十年的华文,我还是好讨厌华语,我相信许多新加坡青少年也和我一样讨厌华文。。。
I just had my last chinese exam in my life...wells actually i still have GCE O level higher chinese to take..

额……这为同学是哪个学校的啊,我是公教中学的,交个朋友吧...
Ohhhh....which school r you from? I am from Catholic High, can we make friends?

国立大学附属数理中学.
NUS High School of Math and Science.

Yichen

WCA
2009YICH01
I just had my last chinese exam in my life...wells actually i still have GCE O level higher chinese to take..

国立大学附属数理中学.

哦,华文考试是11日才考啊!你读高华说明你华文还是不错的,我也是高华。。。。你们学校数学很好啊,羡慕,我SMO senior round Gold Award,我们学校就我一个,你们学校应该有好多吧

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel

国立大学附属数理中学.

哦,华文考试是11日才考啊!你读高华说明你华文还是不错的,我也是高华。。。。你们学校数学很好啊,羡慕,我SMO senior round Gold Award,我们学校就我一个,你们学校应该有好多吧
lols i is fail i got silver last year and this year i was too lazy to bother.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
So could someone who's fluent in Chinese explain the different between

洛根

and

罗甘

? The second one is what I've gotten on official Chinese documents, and the first is what Google translate gives. However, if I search them, it seems like there's some web pages that use both within the same website.

EDIT: OK, I see there's a second official Chinese document that has my name written the other way.....

Last edited:

daniel0731ex

it's the Transcription problem. there could be tons of different translation of one western name in chinese. also, "official" translations could be different depending on the area(country).

MistArts

大家好。我来自广东。我的普通话很差。我可以说广东和台山话。我在中国长大大约七八年。我现在在美国住。

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
When your name is spelled in Chinese, they're just using Chinese syllables to approximate the same sounds in English. Since there are many words/syllables that sound the same (especially when intonation isn't taken into account) they are often interchangeable when spelling foreign words.

Compare it to different systems of Romanization for Chinese words. China uses pinyin while Taiwan uses Wade-Giles. My surname is spelled Zhang in pinyin and Chang using Wade-Giles. Same word, different ways to spell it.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
When your name is spelled in Chinese, they're just using Chinese syllables to approximate the same sounds in English. Since there are many words/syllables that sound the same (especially when intonation isn't taken into account) they are often interchangeable when spelling foreign words.

That's what I ended up figuring out. From what I can gather, the symbols (in this case) are just sounds, so they're not tied to each other in any sort of way. So 洛甘 and 罗根 are also equivalents. And there's probably a bunch more symbols that could also be used.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is the Rubik's cube called different things different places? My chinese teacher, who is from Beijing, told me to say it 魔方 but I was talking to some people from Taiwan tonight and they got really confused when I said that and told me that they are called 魔术方块。My Chinese is really bad, I couldn't understand a word they said but 你听懂吗 lol.