diy

1. F'prime

Fprime ENV 3x3 Progression thread.

The decision is final. The cardboard speed cube that I have been dreaming of for the past 3 months will (might) be in cubing stores near you. For those who are wondering about what ENV stands for, it means environment. I dont have much experience in this but here's what I'm planning to do with...
  2. M

[Member Intro] Hi guys!

I am picking up cubing again after a 7 year hiatus. Before I stopped, I have learned all OLLs and PLLs and my average was about 18 I think. Currently, my average is around 21 and am slowly getting back my old average. Here in the Philippines, cubing stuff are hard to come by. Though, online...
  3. A

Rubik's Cube Game Controller!!

This is an Arduino project I made that uses a Rubik's cube as an input device for gaming.
  4. BadProP

[Help Thread] Is my cube / puzzle a dud?

Hi Everyone I recently bought my first brand new Dayan Zhanchi 3x3 from a supplier on E-Bay. When I received the cube within the first few seconds of play it popped. I re-assembled the cube and a few minutes later it popped again. After numerous pops I approached google, Youtube and the...
  5. I

How can I fix my Cubetwist Bump/Mirror Cube? It's too loose to play with.

I ordered a gold bump cube on amazon recently: http://www.amazon.com/Cubetwist-3x3x3-Golden-White-Mirror/dp/B006UWD80Q The reviews it has are both good ones. However my cubies are really loose and the cube locks up severely when trying to solve; like lock-ups so bad that cubies feel like...
  6. U

How to get used to a DIY after three years of storebrought?

Well, I just got a Haiyan's Memory today (And please, no one scream at me "THROW THE MEMORY AND GET A GUHONG!") I am not a very good cuber, and my solves with a storebrought average 50 seconds, though my best is 35 sec non lucky. The problem is, the cube is much faster than my storebrought...
  7. S

Jig-a-loo or Rubik's Cube Lube?

I recently got a DIY cube and also recieved their Rubik's Cube Lube. I've been using Jig-a-loo for a while now and seems to work fine. But I would like to know if Rubik's Cube Lube is any better? Since I own both lubricants I would like to know which is the best to use? Jig-a-loo or Rubik's...
  8. Y

Review of Main 3x3 Cubes & Clarification of the Naming of the Alpha Series

Review of Main 3x3x3 Cube Models and Clarification on the Naming System of The Alpha Series (formerly known as type A). This thread has been copied from here and will now be updated regularly by myself. Thanks to Pentrixter for the existing info. Thanks to the people of the speedsolving...
  9. D

DIY GuHong Setup Help

Hi all! Awhile back I ordered a GuHong cube because after looking at its construction, it seemed like it wouldn't lock up as much as my Cube4U cube because of all the rounded "seams" where each cubie contacts the others. However, after a bit of tinkering, it has sat in a drawer for nearly...
  10. MrRubix3

Whats wrong with my cube??

Hello~! I have a DIY type A cube and almost everytime the pieces pop off the cube((not the middle pieces of the core)) ..is it because it is adjusted too loose>>?? I just dont want to adjust it too hard neither..what should i do??
  11. Itchy Cacti

Best Cube?

I've been cubing for about a year now, and I want to upgrade cubes. I currently have a storebought (modded) and a C4Y DIY. I average about 40 sec. What do YOU think is the best cube for me? I don't care how expensive it is. I'm looking for a fast cube that cuts at least one cubie. If you...
  12. O

Magnetic Dice Cubes and Do-It-Yourself Kits

There's been a lot of discussion regarding the magnetic dice rubik's cubes. Check out my site at http://magneticcube.com where you can get the cubes or the kit if you want a fun weekend project.
  13. ianography

What was your first speedcube?

What was your first speedcube? It has to be a speedcube that is a 3x3 and is not a Rubik's brand. I say this because a Rubik's brand is not really considered a speedcube by most cubers, and it should be a DIY (such as A-V, F-II, Dayan Guhong, etc.). My first speedcube (or atleast DIY) was this...
  14. collinbxyz

Make my own rubik's cube!?

Hi, I like my cubes, but I want to make one perfect for me, so I decided I want to make my own. Example: buy type A-V core, and ghost hand II pieces, and make my own logo, and print my own stickers out. But there is a problem. I don't have many cubes, so I don't know which core/pieces I should...
  15. D

[Help Thread] "What cube should I get?" The Puzzle Choice Thread

Edit: Please find the latest suggestions in this thread here. Ok, so I am really sick of people asking what kind of cubes should they get. It seems that I have started the "The XXX Thread" wave at this forum, although some of the threads are pretty useful, the invarible title really annoys me...