screws

1. porkyp10

YJ MGC 4x4 Not Tightening

So my MGC had this spring noise so I had to unscrew it and lube the spring and screw. The problem is that when I put the cube back, the screw now can't go deeper than a certain point which is too loose. I've turned it 100 times clockwise (yes, I counted) and it still won't tighten. How do I fix...
  2. Ordway Persyn

Shengshou 6x6 screws

Hey. I have a SS 6x6 and have replaced the screws to Dayan. However they stick out and prevent the innermost layers from turning. I have gone to five different hardware stores and could not find any ones similar to the stock screws. I don't want to use stock screws because they strip easily. Can...
  3. C

Replacement screw lengths and spring constants

I've got a Shengshou 7x7x7. I wondered what would happen if I changed the springs. The SpeedCubeShop sells spring kits for Dayan and Alpha (Type A), for only $1.25 each so naturally I ordered a set to see what would happen. So I've got three different sets of screws to mess around with and...
  4. ThomasJE

Storebought Replacement Hardware

Hi, I've recently tried modding ny old Rubik's storebought to make it a little better. I'm planning of: Sanding down internal parts Making 'RCC' holes (simular to a Dayan) Replacing stickers Replacing core/springs/screws My question is: What brand of stickers/core/springs/screws would...
  5. A

[Help Thread] My cube has issues! My cube is broken!

The center cap (or w/e you call it) snapped (well, "flew") off of my cube when i was turning it (i just finished lubing/sanding it) and it won't go back on!! (like, it snapped off and I can't tell if there's supposed to be a piece inside or something, but it won't stay on... every time i put it...