parity

1. S

[Help Thread] Ultramorphix last layer parity

So I was learning how to solve an Ultramorphix I bought just recently, but I got stuck at the last layer with the case you can see in the image below. Im not sure if that is a form of parity or not but since 5x5 doesn’t have that type of parity, and I couldn't find any guides online regarding...
  2. parity

parity

parity
  3. J

Parity or Not? Other 3x3 BLD thoughts

Is anyone bypassing parity in bld? I just refreshed my memory of the old pochmann method to start blindfold solving again. I always found parity a nuisance because it didn't seem to come up that often, and when it did I'd have to refresh my memory of the alg. I watched a jperm video statimg...
  4. Solved_Cuber

i REALLY need help at 4x4!

I average around 2 min on 4x4, with my PB being 1:38. I started 4x4 2 weeks ago, after buying the YJ MGC 4x4 (i highly recomend it btw) i improved a lot. But, I have plateaued at 2 min, and I cant seem to get past that barrier. I am trying to learn 3-2-3, but I don't understand how it really...
  5. J

OLL parity for 20x20x20

parity for 20x20x20 A more detailed example for 8x8.
  6. dudefaceguy

Intuitive Cubing Resources

What is intuitive Cubing and why would you want to do it? Intuitive cubing is solving without using memorized algorithms. If you want to solve with world-class speed, you need to memorize algorithms. But if speed is not your main goal, then there are several reasons to solve intuitively: 1. If...
  7. dudefaceguy

Intuitive 3-Style as a Beginner Blind Method

I recently learned 3-style as my first blind method. I did it completely intuitively, without memorizing any algorithms. This is an explanation of what I did, and a collection of the resources that I used. I hope that it will be helpful to others who want to learn 3-style intuitively for fun...
  8. teboecubes

Can I Complete This WEIRD Cubing Challenge?

A challenge video I made from a challenge on this forum
  9. Galva101

[Help Thread] 4x4 Supercube: Swapping two center cubies diagonally

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I have encountered the following situation in the image while solving a 4x4 axis cube, but let's just treat it as a super cube. I would like to ask whether anyone knows of an algorithm that swaps two diagonally opposite cubies on the last center of a...
  10. dudefaceguy

Intuitive 4x4 Method with Parity Avoidance

This is the method that I use to solve the 4x4 intuitively without using any memorized algorithms, and to easily avoid parity problems. It is based on the Sandwich method, and also shares several techniques with the Roux method. In fact, if you use this method on the 3x3 it is just Roux. I call...
  11. A

[Help Thread] Can't solve parity error

So, my friend just bought a 4x4x4 and he can't solve the PLL, 'cause as it looks like, it has an impossible parity error which we can't figure out how to solve. Any help on this?
  12. D

Theory about big cube parity

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, or if it's blindingly obvious or whatnot. I was just watching Superantoniovivaldi's video series about his 7x7 ghost cube solve and I had the thought that edge parity and "center parity" are inextricably linked. As in, if you had all the centers in...
  13. szalejot

Confused with M2+OP parity

I am solving 3BLD using M2 for edges and OP for corners. I solve corners first. When parity occurs I try to switch UBL with UBR and then after solved edges I do: M2 y L2 <T-perm> L2. I see a lot of my DNF are: all cube solved except UBL and UBR which are in place, but not oriented. I try to...
  14. ScottTheCuber

3Bld competition!

Sup for the next 24 hrs let's have a bld day where we practice blind just do anything blind! Write if you got a DNF or a accomplishment! I will start DNF,
  15. yoshinator

4x4 Parity Algorithms- 1.02 and 2.09

16. antoineccantin

[Unofficial] Justin Thomas - 2:11.25 6x6 mo3 with Yau5

17. CubeDude17

Understanding Parities

This is a place to talk about what you think causes parity on different cubes. There is 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, Void cube and many others.:confused::p
  18. SirWaffle

List of 5x5 Last 2 Edges Algorithms

For some time I hunted for a complete list of 5x5 edge parity algorithms but could not find one. So finally I decided I had to make one myself. I watched a YouTube video that gave me all the algorithms and when to use them then I copied it all down on a list that I would like to share with you...
  19. nuclearbigdaddy

Fully Functional 3x4x5 Parity Help?

Hello everybody...I have had the TomZ plus mf8 for quite a while now...and have just learnt how to solve it...almost...I can solve every part easily except for the parity...can someone please help me with the parity...I know all the algs, I just don't know how to use them correctly (for the...
  20. PandaCuber

[Help Thread] Big Cube Discussion (5x5 / 6x6 / 7x7 / etc)

This thread is made to talk about Big Cubes.(4x4-5x5-6x6-7x7-8x8-etc.) There are threads for CFOP, Roux, and Petrus, so why not for Big Cubes? Big Cubes are a much more difficult puzzle and more access to information will be greatly appreciated by everyone. In this thread, you can ask...