method

1. bgcatfan

Edges First 3x3 method (beginner ish)

Hi everyone, Here is an edge first method I developed back around 2005 shortly after I first got into cubing. Rubiks.com featured an edges first method in the early 2000s that was wildly inefficient (linked to on the Wiki). I made a few intuitive shortcuts that cut down the method quite...
  2. JackTriton

New 4x4x4~NxNxN Method: NJPB Method

Hi, I'm Jack Triton (former Bicube single ao5 UWR, current ao12 UWR holder). Today, I'm going to present my newest method called NJPB Method (NxNxN Jack('s) Pair & Block). This method is mixture of Yau and APB, but it's much faster than it sounds. Pros compared with Yau are: Less dynamic...
  3. TheSpeedSkewber

O20R - The Dumbest LL Method Ever Made

O20R Is a method i made while tryimg to sleep. It's a method that you use when you have a dot case. It stands for -OLL -20 -Reduction So basically you force it into OLL 20 and solve it. Trust me, its even dumber than it sounds https://streamable.com/1059sj This method has an advanced...
  4. L

I'm curious, is there any methods that have been made specifically for the mirror cube?

I am aware that you can simply use a regular 3x3 method like Cfop or Roux, but are there any methods that have been created for the mirror cube to make it easier or more understandable? for example, EO is extremely hard on the mirror cube because it can be hard to tell if an edge is flipped or...
  5. D

The “Alyz” method for Clock

“No-D” is a Flip variant where you combine the simultaneous turns of 7Simul with the ergonomics and TPS of Flip. As another plus (and as the name implies) there are no D moves. Memo is also much easier than other methods, only requiring you to memo 4 numbers (two on the front, two on the back) I...
  6. S

Method Proposal Standardization

Hey guy, I'll try and keep this short. As most people have noticed, there has been a large influx of method proposals recently - which ISN'T a bad thing. However, many of these proposals are vapid, poorly thought out or reseatched, and/or are rehashing of previously proposed methods. The...
  7. E

Optimal TCLL face

I am currently finishing all alg of EG, and while playing with the face solver of cstimer to improve my face efficiency, i was wondering if a tcll face should’nt be slightly shorter in average. I have search a lot but i havent’ found any informations about the average optimal number of moves...
  8. D

3x3 PBL Theoretical Method (3BL) (CFOP Variant)

So, I invented a theoretical CFOP variant known as "3BL". It consists of a few steps: 1.) Solve the cross ANY WAY YOU WANT (so it doesn't have to align the colors, just connect the cross-colored part of the edges to the center) 2.) Solve the rest of the cube up until PLL 3.) Do a PBL algorithm...
  9. Burrito

ZZ-CT vs ZZ-C++

Which one should I use? Just your honest opinions :) (but im sticking with zz)
  10. S

Current Method Meta

Interesting in the current method landscape. 2020-2021 there was a huge rise in method diversity and I'm curious where that currently stands. What methods have fallen off, what methods have the most amount of users, what methods are considered to have the greatest potential, and major barriers...
  11. S

Method Progression Routes/Guides

A thread to map out recommended progression routes for various methods. Meant to give beginner/intermediate cubers clear progression to learning methods.
  12. S

Lin and CSP/PLL+1 Transtion Approach

Hi. So this thread is going to be about trying to develop a Lin approach that both lowers the amount of algs needed for CSP ( either for people that don't like algs or who want an easier transition to full CSP ) and allows earlier implementation of PLL+1. This would be a 2 part approach. Part...
  13. S

H3 Method Development

Hi all! I've been thinking about the Snyder method for the last few day as it was recently suggested in my Quantitative Method Analysis Survey ( which I recommend you take ). anyway, I've become interested in revisiting this rather obscure method and its relatives. I've grouped all the method...
  14. S

Pseudo Columns Example Solve Game

Thread for example solves using Pseudo-Columns. SSC, ECE, MI2, Square-101, HSC, HTA(?), and SSRC methods. Have fun and raise awareness for SSC/ECE baby <3. Scramble: L2 F2 D2 B' R2 U2 B U2 F' R2 B' D' L' R' D' F' D2 B2 L2 R Method: HSC Solve: x' R' U' F2 U Rw2 U' // Psuedo Squares U2 R U' M2...
  15. V Achyuthan

Pseutilus Proposal | (Basically Pseudo Nautilus lol)

Pseutilus (Pseudo Nautilus). It combines block building, pseudo tricks and the same number of algorithmic steps as Mehta method. It supports a movecount lesser than CFOP and similar to Roux. Steps 1. Pseudo 222 2. 123 block either on the F or the R face 3. EOLE 4. 5CO 5. Insert last F2L corner...
  16. S

New Square-1 Method [Name Pending]

So this is a new Sqaure-1 Method that mixes a bit of Lin and Vandenburgh together. This may or may not have already been suggested, so if it has, lmk. Steps: (1) Cubeshape: This is standard so no need for explanation (2) First Block: This is the same idea as in Lin so again not much...
  17. V Achyuthan

E2CR2 method example solve thread

More info on this method can be found here - https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/E2CR2 D2 L2 B2 D F2 D L2 U' R2 U R2 U R' F D2 U' L' F D' L B' D' y // inspection L' F' L2 U' D B // EO U2 L D' R2 U R' U' L U L' // LB U r2 // 223 // CP skip !!!! R U R U' R' U' R' U' R2 U' R' U R U' R'...
  18. teboecubes

How I Solve A Rubik's Cube BLINDFOLDED 🤯 | #shorts

19. teboecubes

How I Solve The Rubik's Cube | An Overview of the CFOP Method for Non-Cubers

This isn't a tutorial; it's more of a summary of how I solve the Rubik's Cube. The video is mainly aimed at non-cubers who want to learn how people solve the Rubik's Cube, so make sure to share this with someone who might learn something from it!
  20. Waffles

What 5x5 method do you use?

I’m kind of interested. I personally use the Yau method.