advice

1. CoderGuru

Want to come back to cubing - a few questions

Hi, I used to cube (avg 20s on 3x3 - have a Gan 11 M Pro gathering dust) and want to get back in. i currently own a Gan 11, Valk 2 LM, Classic Rubiks (don’t know why im including this), and 4 Qiyi Warriors. I want to start 4x4 and Pyraminx on top of 2x2 and 3x3. I want to know what are the top...
  2. C

Advice/tips for OH beginner

Hi, I'm interested in learning OH and would like to acquire some constructive advice/tips before start. Background: I've been cubing for a year, 3-style is my main method because it's intuitive. I know CFOP but have never practiced it much. Here are my OH goals: 1. No table abuse because I...
  3. CubeRed

CLOSED First comp... Any advice??

Ayo. So I am going to NZ SouthIsland Nationals 2021 soon. Any expectations I should have or important regulations I should know? How should I practice at home? Y'all are experienced cubers, so advice would be welcomed.
  4. 8

How to avoid confusion and not pause frequently ?

Hi Everyone, I am 35+ Yrs old and new to speed cubing. Currently I solve a 3X3 using beginners method in approximately 1:30 but working towards learning CFOP. Earlier I never cared for speed but now since its speed cubing for me , I would like to get your advice on certain issues I am facing ...
  5. FastCubeMaster

Advice or tips for 3x3 solves?

Here is a video I recently uploaded and I was wondering if I could get some feedback from faster cubers, Thanks (You can check out my channel as well) :P
  6. J

Z-Cube 2x2x3 and 42mm Diansheng 3x3

Please check out my video and tell me what you think https://youtu.be/Qm0Vun19ZHA
  7. J

Advice on my unboxing video please!

If you could check out my video and tell me what I could do better to improve. I don't care about subs or anything, I just want some advice
  8. N

Progressing in speedcubing [Opinions]

I recently started cubing 5 days ago. I uses the beginner tutorial on ruwiks to learn to solve the cube, I used that method along with minor shortcuts to slowly improve my pb from ~5 mins to my current 1:00.10. I am now practing 2 look OLL and 2 look PLL and have almost learnt both fully. Is...
  9. rjcaste

OH Corner Twists

Hi everyone! Today I was practicing some OH and got a few corner twists especially during specific algs for OLL. Normally, I just correct the corner twist with both hands, but what would actually happen in a real competition scenario when you need to twist it back? It's nearly impossible...
  10. Cubo largo

Hi guys from Italy!

Hi everyone, I'm David, I'm 14 and I'm an italian (bad) cuber (and Mod) from the speedcubing forum I'm really sorry for my english, I hope you'll understand! I'm a really bad cuber! My solve are actually around 30-35 sec. with 3x3. I use CFOP. I don't actually praticed speedsolve on 2x2 or...
  11. ThomasJE

What is the best lubricant? [poll]

What do you think is the best lubricant out there? Vote in the poll and/or post. If I've missed one, just post and I'll ask a mod to add it to the poll. I've left out Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly for obvious reasons. Base your answer on: Cost Avalibility How long it lasts After effects...
  12. Kenneth

One-Answer Blindsolving Question Thread

Use this thread for short BLD questions. (I was looking for it but did not see one, if there is? please let me know and I merge). -------------------------- Well, my question, TuRBo, is it only a edge method or did anyone develop the same for corners? (I'm looking at it atm, this is...
  13. ravenguild08

good at OH, bad with two hands. what now?

//instant edit I hope some of my questions won't come off as inane. I did use the search bar liberally. I have good algs for my finger tricks, practice them a ton, do my F2L reasonably slowly, try to do the cross blindfolded, and do by best to avoid the common pitfalls. My point with mentioning...
  14. D

[Help Thread] "What cube should I get?" The Puzzle Choice Thread

Edit: Please find the latest suggestions in this thread here. Ok, so I am really sick of people asking what kind of cubes should they get. It seems that I have started the "The XXX Thread" wave at this forum, although some of the threads are pretty useful, the invarible title really annoys me...
  15. A

[Help Thread] My cube has issues! My cube is broken!

The center cap (or w/e you call it) snapped (well, "flew") off of my cube when i was turning it (i just finished lubing/sanding it) and it won't go back on!! (like, it snapped off and I can't tell if there's supposed to be a piece inside or something, but it won't stay on... every time i put it...