4x4x4

1. trangium

Triforce: A New Unique 4x4x4 Speedsolving Method That Avoids OLL Parity

This will be a place to discuss or ask questions about the Triforce method. Background: Triforce is a 4x4x4 method that was developed for the August 2021 Method Development Competition. The motivation behind Triforce's steps was to develop a method that avoids OLL parity while still being...
  2. X

4×4×4 assembly in 5:30

Steps: 1. First layer's edges and corners. 2. Build upwards, but leave one edge pair on the last layer empty. 3. Rotate that free slot to the bottom layer, then fill in the centres. 4. Insert last edge pair, optionally rotate back. I assume this method will work about as well with nonmagnetic...
  3. Tony Fisher

My 4x4x4 method (95% self made)

4. Ollie

[WR] Oliver Frost 4x4x4 Blindfolded 2:18.65

Execution starts at 0:37, done at Cuthberts Open 2014. Thank you Chris :) B2 U2 B2 D L2 U2 B2 R2 L2 U' B U' L2 D' F' L' B2 D' U L' F Uw2 B' R2 L B' Uw2 Fw2 F Uw2 R' F' L' F2 Uw' Rw2 R F2 U B' Fw Uw R F Rw Uw' Rw2 x' y' [U2 x R:[U, R' D2 R]] // ULF -> UFR -> UBL (11/11) [R D': U' R' U, L2]]...
  5. antoineccantin

[Unofficial] Antoine Cantin - 1:03.58 4x4 OH UWR

I normally do 3-3-3-3 pairing, but I skipped so many pairs that I just did 3-3-3 or something :P
  6. leonparfitt

[Unofficial] 4x4 Walkthrough Solve...Tips?

THE QUALITY OF THIS VIDEO GOT 'MESSED UP' WHILE UPLOADING ! This is a Walkthrough solve of the Yau Method on the 4x4. I made this video intended to receive Tips from other solvers so i can progress in speed.I currently Average 50-55 on 4x4. Please don't just comment 'Practice'...
  7. leonparfitt

[Unofficial] 4x4 single 49.97 PLL skip first sub 50

this is my first sub 50 and it was with a PLL skip. it would of been a good solve anyway.For some reason the audio is messed up but the video is fine. feedback would be great and please feel free to go subscribe to my channel. scramble :R2 D U2 F Uw D Fw Uw R L2 D2 F' Uw' U Fw' L2 D' Rw' U2 B2...
  8. rubiksarlen

What is God's number on a 4x4 Rubik's cube?

http://cube20.org/ We all know that God's number for a 3x3x3 Rubik's cube is 20 moves. But I have been wondering lately what is God's number for a 4x4x4 Rubik's cube? :confused:
  9. CuberMan

[Unofficial] 4x4x4 average of 5: 45.94

48.73 [DP], (56.49), (40.39), 42.28 [PP], (46.82)= 45.94 This is my PB average!! very good times for me. :D Cube: Shengshou v3
  10. Sean Lev

Rubies' brand 4x4 core based explosion

Yesterday, I was playing with my rubiks 4x4 and it began to feel really loose. A few turns later, it exploded like a qj 2x3x3. Upon closer inspection, I discovered one of the triangles had fallen out due to a stripped screw. A little bit of super glue fixed the issue, but I was wondering if I am...
  11. cubedude7

[Unofficial] 4x4x4 Cube Blindfolded - 9:31.31 - Joris Mühlsteff

12. Sean Lev

Reduction of a 4x4x4

Would it be possible to reduce a 4x4 to a 2x2x2? I tried once and it took me a few hours, but I think with practice I might be able to get it down to a few minutes. Has anyone found a quick method or is reduction to a 2x2 improbable for speed solving?
  13. kprox1994

[Help Thread] Lubrication Thread

I keep seeing all of these questions about lube. I think it would be good to keep lubrication questions all in one thread about where to buy and what lube to use for what cubes. Lube Types (Descriptions by Thrawst) Lubix is like UN Security Council resolutions: it's not a be all end all...
  14. C

Roundup

I looked into it (a bit) and have found the cheapest reputable online places for 4-cubes. Here they are (in order of reputation): X-Cube MF8 + Dayan Ghost Hand ShengShou (black or white) Maru Lan Lan :D Anyway, the real reason I made this thread is for opinions. Can somebody with experience...
  15. H

My new Meffert's 4x4 feels very loose.

I just got a Meffert's 4x4 a couple of days ago, and in that short period of time it has started feeling very loose. I haven't had any pops, but I overturn constantly. The whole cube feels kind of rattly which is somethign I wasn't expecting based on reviews I've read of it. Is this normal at...
  16. G

4x4x4 Eastsheen Parts

does anybody have 2 r(or l idk) shaped internal pieces that i can buy from them?
  17. Robert-Y

[Help Thread] Yau4 Discussion

I'm also now colour neutral with this method. I'll sorta show you how you can become colour neutral easily with method (if you're already CN on 333). You just need to be CN at centres and know your pairs of opposite colours. In the following examples, I will be solving a cube which uses the...
  18. B

[Help Thread] Puzzle Setup / Tension Discussion

Hey guys, im still relatively new to cubing ( 2 months ) and i have purchased a white Guhong from icubemart. I love it, however there seems to be a slight problem. No matter how loose, or how tight i adjust the tension screws, the tension doesn't change. The white and yellow sides are so lose...
  19. cannon4747

X-cube 4x4 discussion

I have seen a few videos about this cube and it looks like another v-cube KO but with a very interesting method of keeping the mech in alignment. i wonder how many issues it will have with patent infringement later on. the only problem i have with this cube so far (and i dont even own one) is...
  20. TiLiMayor

4x4 speededgeing

I just got a 4x4 and learned how to solve it, learned the last two edges and parities, which were the steps I didn't knew before and Im finishing it just over 4minutes (30sec centers, 3min edges, 45sec 3x3+parity) for any reference Im just sub-30 in 3x3. Anything I should learn to get a...