last layer

1. R

Megaminx last layer

Hello everyone, one question, why are we in megaminx's 4llll tutorials, they teach how to swap the edges and then the corners instead of swapping the corners first and then the edges?
  2. TheSpeedSkewber

O20R - The Dumbest LL Method Ever Made

O20R Is a method i made while tryimg to sleep. It's a method that you use when you have a dot case. It stands for -OLL -20 -Reduction So basically you force it into OLL 20 and solve it. Trust me, its even dumber than it sounds https://streamable.com/1059sj This method has an advanced...
  3. MagicVince

New extension: Last Layer Alg Viewer

Hello, Do you remember Formula Explorer, the website that allows you to visualize the case solve by a particular algorithm on the cube (and that is rather made for Last Layer algorithms)? Well, I made a browser extension called Last Layer Alg Viewer that follows the same principle (except there...
  4. Vicenzo Guerino Cecchini

The optimal ZBLL aproach

There is a lot of discussion about this topic. At this point, it is pretty much a consense that T, U and L are sets 100% worth it to invest some time learning if you are really willing to get faster at 3x3, at least at some point. The other sets I see some more debate arround them, specially H...
  5. D

Should I view AUF as a part of PLL or it’s own thing?

I have a question: Should I view my AUF as a part of my PLL algorithm or should I view it as it’s entire separate part. What I’m asking for is this: If I do a J perm, and my AUF was a U’, if I did the algorithm, should I view the J perm as a J perm with a U’ at the end or as just a J perm and...
  6. A

A new use for zbls algs

What do you think about using wv algs to get easier olls? Edit: Sorry, i said wv algs, but i was thinking in wv and zbls algs
  7. Jam88

How to practise and learn LL Algs

Hi all, couldn't find a thread for this, so decided to make my own. I will be adding more over time. Hope this helps, Jam88 P.S. Mods, if there is a megathread for this, then feel free to move it.
  8. ArbishAli

OLL or PLL

Which to learn first after 4LLL? OLL or PLL.
  9. H.E's a cuber

2 sided PLL recognition resource

okay. So I made this video on 2 sided pll recognition as a technique to get faster last layer generally. What do you all think. Would this be useful to anyone who wants to learn the technique? I'll love to hear your opinions. Thanks!
  10. T

RLS vs ZBLL

I'm trying to decide if i should learn VLS+HLS or ZBLL. Which is faster, RLS+PLL or EO+ZBLL? Would it be useful to know both, or would you just get an RLS case every time once you set up the pair?
  11. Hazel

HazelTrainer — The ZBLL Training Application (NO LONGER In Development)

HazelTrainer is a desktop ZBLL trainer application that I've been developing since mid-December 2019. Its goal is to be the most robust, most configurable, and most helpful ZBLL trainer out there. Notable features: - Top-down view of ZBLL cases - "Flagging" troublesome cases to make them appear...
  12. PetrusQuber

List of PLL algs for 2/1 Look PLL

There are a lot of algs out there, some of which do the same thing. I have grouped all the algs I use for people looking for efficient perms. I had to do this the hard way, looking through random pages for the fastest moves to make. Here they are: Corner swap: R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R'...
  13. Filipe Teixeira

megaminx oll trainer

Link: https://shuantsu.github.io/megaminx/ Github Repo: https://github.com/shuantsu/megaminx I made this by downloading algs and images from this site: http://hem.bredband.net/_zlv_/rubiks/megaminx-new/index.html Then I generated a json with the corner and edges configurations based on images...
  14. Berkmann18

F2LL cubers

I post this thread because I wondered if there was speedcubers using F2LL methods, because in my opinion F2LL methods such as VH and [intuitive] ZB deserve a lot more attention. I don't think that everyone should use CFOP. I heard quite a lot people saying "the WR holders use CFOP so you should...
  15. C

New training app "Last Layer" helps learn those 2Look algos, out now on iPhone

You’ve mastered the first half of the F2L Fridrich Method, now master the rest! Last Layer is the best tool to help learn those 2Look algorithms using the tried and true flashcard method. •FlashCard trainer with customizable timer. Test your knowledge and randomly practice the 2Look algos...
  16. ThomasJE

4LLL Tutorial

Hi, Back about one year ago, I learned 4LLL. But there wasn't a guide that could tell me what to do; just the algs. So, I decided that I would make a tutorial that would help others like me to take a step towards improving their times. And what a coincidence it's Christmas today :D So...
  17. C

[video] Permutation of last layer without algorithms

Hello, here is a video showing how to permute the last layer using only moves that you can understand. So no algorithm to learn, just pure logic. If you have any comment, or suggestion on how to make it even better, feel free to propose any improvement. The general explanation for 3-cycle is at...
  18. ThomasJE

Last Layer Competition

I was inspired by rubikmaster's F2L Competition, and there wasn't an existing competition like this, so I decided to make one. Anyone can join, as long as they can solve the last layer. All scrambles will be created by the OLL Trainer scrambler on Prisma Puzzle Timer. There will be scrambles for...
  19. M

Any help with the tuttminx last layer?

Okay you guys, I've got a tuttminx yesterday, and it's hella fun. But I'm kinda stuck with the last layer; I've tried a couple of things, but since the hexfaces have turning-restrictions, I can't figure out how to solve the last layer. Does anyone have a tutorial/vid/algs for the tuttminx?
  20. Aaronus23

What should i work on first?

sorry if this thread was alredy posted, but i didint find anything on the search function: Well you see, i've been cubing for a While and a currently have a 39 Ao12....2 look OLL(and about 12 other OLLs), FULL PLL I am currently trying to break the sub 30 barrior... I took times (Ao5) of...