tension

1. S

Dayan Zhanchi Tensioning

Im sorry in advance if there is already a thread about this. Im new here :P So I recently got my 2nd zanchi, and am not sure what to tension it to. First, with my first zanchi i was on a plane it piped and a piece shot back a few seats and i never found it :( I had not tensioned it and had...
  2. N

Fangshi ShuangRen Illusion tension problems

My Fangshi Illusion finally came in the mail to finish Fangshi Collection. However, I like my cubes really really really loose. So this causes some problem with the Illusion. Since the center caps are recessed into the center pieces, I can't have the tensions super loose like I like them. If...
  3. RageCuber

Moyu HuanYing tension?

I have two Moyu HuanYings. A white and a black one. I like the feel of the white one better, but the black one helps with recognition. I can't find good tension tutorial. Also neither can cut 45. Please help me! Thanks - Ragecuber
  4. BadProP

[Help Thread] Is my cube / puzzle a dud?

Hi Everyone I recently bought my first brand new Dayan Zhanchi 3x3 from a supplier on E-Bay. When I received the cube within the first few seconds of play it popped. I re-assembled the cube and a few minutes later it popped again. After numerous pops I approached google, Youtube and the...
  5. J

Zhanchi springs

Hey cubers, I'm Jeraz from India. I recently bought a DaYan Zhanchi for my nephew. The cube was very tight out of the box, so i tried loosening it by reducing the tension. I'd like to point out here, that I'm fairly new to this. Anyway, it seemed to work fine for a while, but then it...
  6. rudra

Need help to adjust my FIII cube for speedcubing

1.I have been cubing since two months. I only used Rubik's brand cube in this period. But with Rubik's cube I can't cube for long times. After around 30 solves my wrist, finger hurt. So I decided to buy FIII. I was expecting that my average would be dropped. To my surprise my current average of...
  7. mazter2010

ZhanChi weirdness?

I recently picked up my zhanchi again, in an effort to make it one of my mains. I adjusted it and it turns just the same as my guhong(main) But, it is still overly loose. i.e. i pull apart the layers a little and it explodes everywhere, and pops/locks up! And if i tension it so that it...
  8. kprox1994

[Help Thread] Lubrication Thread

I keep seeing all of these questions about lube. I think it would be good to keep lubrication questions all in one thread about where to buy and what lube to use for what cubes. Lube Types (Descriptions by Thrawst) Lubix is like UN Security Council resolutions: it's not a be all end all...
  9. B

[Help Thread] Puzzle Setup / Tension Discussion

Hey guys, im still relatively new to cubing ( 2 months ) and i have purchased a white Guhong from icubemart. I love it, however there seems to be a slight problem. No matter how loose, or how tight i adjust the tension screws, the tension doesn't change. The white and yellow sides are so lose...
  10. Deweyspunkis

How to adjust tension??

So I just got my F-II in the mail and it's amazing but I just wanted to know, how do you adjust the tension? I opened it up and there is no cap. Also, I searched the forum and found no help so please don't nag me about that, I DID. I'm pretty new to cubing to so I'm not sure if that only on...
  11. *LukeMayn*

The One-Answer Question Thread [closed]

Read before posting. Search before posting a question. The "search thread" tool in this thread can be used to see if someone already asked a similar question here. Depending on the question, you may also find answers on the Speedsolving Wiki, or in other threads. If you have questions about WCA...