bld

1. yalesunivrasity

Should I learn 2BLD first or jump strait to 3BLD?

Should I learn to do 2BLD then do 3BLD or just go strait to solving 3BLD?
  2. yalesunivrasity

Is it possible to get a 5 second solve with BLD method?

Since times can already get close to sub-10 counting the inspection time, I think the execution time might be able to break the 5 second barrier and potentially get to near WR times. Tommy Cherry‘s 10 second BLD solve‘s execution time is already very close to 5 seconds. -I do not know how to do BLD
  3. Timona

[3BLD] Old Pochmann Dilemma

I rewatched JPerm's Old Pochmann video from 5 years ago and I'm a little confused. The way I remember OP for corners, the swapping alg is (R U' R' U') R U R' F' (R U R' U') R' F R. According to his video, the buffer piece is UBL and you swap with E (according to Speffz) with V of DFR. But the...
  4. Roman

Bulgaria Got Talent: 3BLD on bmx (Roman Strakhov)

Performance video: Commentary, insights, difficulties and just random chatter
  5. V Achyuthan

Blindfolded progression thread

Hi everyone, So I am going to my first ever physical comp (not official) at Jan 15 and 16. The events I am going to participate are 3x3, 2x2 and 3BLD. I have not been practicing 3BLD much. So it's time to start serious practice again. I average 3:30 - 4 min on blind. I use a mix of BOP and OP...
  6. BLD (2020)

BLD (2020)

Doing BLD is hard but rewarding. This is a picture of me after doing a 2/2 MBLD attempt.
  7. J

Parity or Not? Other 3x3 BLD thoughts

Is anyone bypassing parity in bld? I just refreshed my memory of the old pochmann method to start blindfold solving again. I always found parity a nuisance because it didn't seem to come up that often, and when it did I'd have to refresh my memory of the alg. I watched a jperm video statimg...
  8. Cubing Forever

Please help me

I have been cubing for 3 months. I tried my hand at 3bld 2 months ago but haven't got a single success. I forget my whole memo after a few edges. I am still not able to understand speffz until now. Please help
  9. FluxDigital01

Race To Sub-X on BLD 2020

Welcome to the Race To Sub-X for BLD! This race thread works similarly to the other Race threads. Every week on Tuesday, I will post 5 scrambles for 3BLD. You set a Sub-X goal, and if your average is below that goal, you have met it, and that week is a success. Three successful weeks in a row...
  10. I

Is this memo method viable?

So I have a new memo method that Im planning to use (Im tired of using letters). The method goes as me imagining the cube in my mind, then in that cube, i put numbers on my target list. Is this categorized as visual method?
  11. A

Cheat Sheet for 3 style Edge and Corner Algorithms for All Buffers

Hi guys, I have recently joined this community but I have been following the articles on this site since a long time. I have recently started learning 3 style BLD solving method. The current resource that I got was for single buffer piece so I wrote a code that can use that set of algorithm and...
  12. Roman

CoLPI - collective letter-pair images database for BLD. In all languages.

Inspired by Tom's Letter Pair List, this tool is intended to collect letter-pair images used by different people in all languages. Huge thanks to Tom Nelson for the initial set of words and Enoch Gray for exporting this collection (as well as his own!) into CoLPI. >>> bestsiteever.ru/colpi <<<...
  13. H

Roseftrainer - A small program to help memorize letterpairs for blindsolving a rubik's cube.

me and my friend Josef Nylund made a program called Roseftrainer the link to download this program is https://gitlab.com/jojjenjojjen/cube-memorization-training edit: remember to read the pinned comment unless you have python 3 installed
  14. H

Roseftrainer - A small program to help memorize letterpairs for blindsolving a rubik's cube.

me and my friend Josef Nylund have made a program called Roseftrainer. the link to download this program is: https://gitlab.com/jojjenjojjen/cube-memorization-training edit: remember to read the pinned comment unless you have python 3 installed
  15. ducttapecuber

Carolina Clock ‘Stravaganza 2018

https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/CarolinaClockStravaganza2018 A comp for crazy clock and bigBLD people. Where: Monroe, North Carolina When: November 17th, 2018 Events 3 rounds of Clock- with Finals being Head-to-Head 3BLD, 4BLD, & 5BLD Square-1 (1 round) 3x3 (2 rounds) 4x4 (1...
  16. A

The Ayam Method and what intermediate corner BLD method to learn

Hey everyone! My name is Ayyub and I’ve been cubing on and off for a couple years now. I would categorize myself as a cubing hobbyist rather than someone fully dedicated and super interested in cubing (I average ~20 seconds for anyone curious). I am though completely in love with BLD. I first...
  17. Ollie

Updated: full 3-style commutators

https://github.com/OllieFrost/3style/tree/master - GitHub repository containing TSVs. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15e0ts12QHKHb9Or6BvO6hlXfns2hJgZoXCGpsIR0YGc/edit#gid=1099805155 - Google Drives spreadsheet format. Can comment and view. My algorithms: Are designed to be as...
  18. Meneghetti

[Brazilian NR] 33.03 3BLD single (Diego Meneghetti)

yay got it!! done @ Porto Alegre Open 2015 ~12.7 memo and ~20.3 execution There were 3 solved edges and 1 flipped corner! I'll post the scramble here soon. I had a 2s+ pause during 3rd corner commutator because I couldn't recall my alg for PW (speffz), which I had changed several times in...
  19. Meneghetti

[Unofficial] 3BLD 38.79 avg12 / 32.67 avg5 (Diego Meneghetti)

Tips? :)
  20. Coolster01

[Unofficial] 3x3 SpeedBLD Single: 8.483

Skip to 1:40 for the solve. This solve took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to memorize, with a 4 hour break somewhere in the middle. No worries, I didn't practice this before because I forced myself to not turn the cube and I have no other 3x3. :P This was my first try (other than me...