practice

1. F'prime

3x3 Improvement Roadmap from Sub 1 min to Sub 20 and How to Practice (INTENDED FOR BEGINNER CUBERS)

What is the deadliest thing that beginner cubers do not know about? It's practicing methods. Every beginner cuber dreams about joining the big leagues, yet quit before they even know how to! Those people think that repetitive solutions will help them get faster. This fact is false. You don't...
  2. joshisbored

joshisboreds progression thread (sub 20 3x3. 10/57 oll)

im realllly close, getting times like 33 seconds and 31 seconds is my pb. im around 45 seconds on avg but i want that to drop the 30 mark
  3. teboecubes

I Only Practiced CLOCK For 1 Week...

4. CrispyCubing

Revived Practice Techniques

So while I was browsing some podcasts I discovered LaZer0MonKey's Cubing Thoughts podcast. He only did four episodes but the techniques he talked about caught my attention. (Also can we just appreciate how much his audio has improved since then) Down Solves Generate a scramble, find a...
  5. ProStar

My Journey in Switching 3x3 Methods

Yes, I am switching my 3x3 method. Try to guess which method I'm switching to! Did you get it right? Probably not... That’s right, I am switching to the method known as Cross, F2L, Corners, Edges, or CFCE for short. Overview of CFCE In CFCE, you solve the first two layers...
  6. HugaCuba

SkewbSkills: offline / online Tool to practice Skewb L2L Algs and First Layer

For those of you that are interested in practicing the first layer on skewb or learning / drilling NS or Advanced algs for the last two layers, I created an offline tool (.exe) to help with that: SkewbSkills. It features a timer and you can select whatever types of algs you want to practice, or...
  7. T

Memorizing/Practicing "2-Look OLL" Algorithms

Video to help memorize/practice "2-Look OLL" Algorithms. If you need to, you can slow down or speed up the video in the video settings.
  8. C

A way to get better.

So, hello everyone. Today I want to tell you a way to get better at any cube.(Improvement time can vary.) A few ways I want to talk about, first one is:Stop being lazy and learn algorithms that are good and fast not ones which are easy to learn. This is a thing i realized how crucial it...
  9. Thomas Henrissat

F2L Trainer Interest Check

Hello everyone ! I have recently been looking for a F2L trainer to help me improve my efficiency, but haven’t been able to find exactly what I was looking for. So I thought, if it doesn’t exist, why don’t you make it? Before throwing myself head first into this, I wanted to ask you fellow...
  10. CriticalCubing

Practice Techniques (How to practice 3x3) [CFOP]

Most cubers probably know this but I go over some of the common methods for improving overall lookahead and improving cross and f2l and also cross to f2l transition. Aimed at newer cubes to intermediate cubers.
  11. ntbol

1 min to sub 40 help!

Hello everyone, currently I can solve my 3x3 in 1 min. I use the beginner method with the keyhole method and some oll. I was wondering what's the best/ fastest way to drop time and what method should I learn. Thanks
  12. McMitch

Practise schedule?

So I have been using F2L for a while but my recognition is poor, I have a decent time of 42.53 but I want to get faster. I have been using the beginners method for the last layer but I want to learn 2-Look OLL and PLL, I was just wondering, should I focus on my F2L first? or learn 2-Look OLL and...
  13. Noahaha

[Unofficial] 37.30 3BLD Avg12 + My Thoughts on Deliberative Practice

Average of 12: 37.30 1. 35.29 B2 U F2 U R2 B D L2 B' U B2 R2 U2 R' U2 R' U2 L D2 L2 2. (29.00) B2 U2 B2 U B2 L2 B2 U' F' U2 B U B2 U2 R' B2 L' U' B2 3. 38.97 F' L2 R2 U2 F' U2 B2 U2 F' L2 F U' L' R2 B L2 D B2 F2 4. 37.53 L2 B2 U L2 U2 R2 D U2 L2 B2 L2 R F2 D' B' L' F D2 L B D2...
  14. szalejot

Does turning RC increase your precision?

I am cuber with times around 30s. I use Guhong for practise. I have heard some voices, that cuber should do some practise solves with cube like classic Rubiks (or other, that almost do not cut corners) to train precision in moves. Without that precision is hard to achieve good times. So I...
  15. SAICubed

How do I "slow solve"?

Hey everyone, recently i have hit a spot in cubing where timed averages aren't working to well and i this. I need to change how i practice. I understand "slow solving" is a good way to practice it's just whenever i do this i feel like nothing is happening and i'm just wasting my time turning...
  16. luhdi

[Unofficial] F2L Practice with metronome

This is a video of me practicing my F2L with a metronome from 60 to 160 BPM. If this can inspire others to practice look ahead this way ;-)
  17. T

Proof Reader neeed for Rubik's cube book

I am a physicist with a CogSci background. Currently I am in the process of re-editing a self published book I wrote several years ago on Rubik's 3x3 speed training program. I don't need super Rubik's cube 3x3 experts, a beginner's point of view would also be very useful. If you are interested...
  18. jskyler91

Looking for Some Hard Color Neutral Crosses

Hey guys and gals, So I have comp coming up on the 28th and I am looking to practice crosses hardcore until then. I saw the hard, funny and weird crosses thread, but most of those crosses are only really hard for white which doesn't really help me practice finding my cross quickly. So what I am...
  19. rubikmaster

F2L Competition

This will be an F2L forum competition on the 3x3 Rubik's cube.A new round will begin every Wednesday and Saturday at around 1:00 to 3:00 PM Eastern Time.So,each round will end when the new round begins.There will be 2 categories: One-handed and Two-handed solving.I will give 12 scrambles for...
  20. Aaronus23

What should i work on first?

sorry if this thread was alredy posted, but i didint find anything on the search function: Well you see, i've been cubing for a While and a currently have a 39 Ao12....2 look OLL(and about 12 other OLLs), FULL PLL I am currently trying to break the sub 30 barrior... I took times (Ao5) of...