question

1. Arcanist

Showing up in the middle of a competition day.

This is just a quick question about competitions. If you have a two day competition, and you don't do events for the first half of day one, can you show up at 10:00 or 11:00 and still compete for the rest of the events on day 1? I'm pretty sure you can but I just wanted to check.
  2. L

I'm curious, is there any methods that have been made specifically for the mirror cube?

I am aware that you can simply use a regular 3x3 method like Cfop or Roux, but are there any methods that have been created for the mirror cube to make it easier or more understandable? for example, EO is extremely hard on the mirror cube because it can be hard to tell if an edge is flipped or...
  3. GeographicalCuber

Wrong answers only question thread

So basically I’ll ask a question and then the next person will answer that question but with the wrong answer only. they will then ask another question and the next person will answer the question incorrectly and so on. I’ll start: what does CFOP stand for?
  4. D

Should I view AUF as a part of PLL or it’s own thing?

I have a question: Should I view my AUF as a part of my PLL algorithm or should I view it as it’s entire separate part. What I’m asking for is this: If I do a J perm, and my AUF was a U’, if I did the algorithm, should I view the J perm as a J perm with a U’ at the end or as just a J perm and...
  5. StuntPlayZYT

Questions for old cubers!

Ok, so I have some questions for cubers who cube before 2013. I know the cubing community started forming in the early 2000s. So I have some questions for all cubers during/started that time What lube did you use What did you use as timers What was considered the GAN of your time/what was the...
  6. StuntPlayZYT

Public Question: What puzzle would you add to official comps

If you had the power to add a non wca puzzle to official competitions, what would you pick? Personally, I would pick the Kilominx and the 2x2x3.
  7. D

What is the official solve with the fastest TPS?

A friend Gianfranco Huanqui asked "what is the official solve with the fastest TPS?" on a cubing facebook group. So I put this on a bigger group to see if you guys know because I want to help him (and because now I want to know too). Even if you don't know what was the solve with most TPS...
  8. SolveThatCube

One-Answer Skewb Question Thread

This thread is for asking one-answer questions about the skewb.
  9. Cube Is Life

Prove It Without A Cube

Is there a way to prove that two sequences of moves do the same thing without using a cube? D L2 B2 L2 R2 F2 R2 U2 R2 D' U' R' B F L' D R2 and U R B F L D R2 do the same thing but there is not a clear relationship between the moves used.
  10. Noahaha

BLD FAQ (Do yourself a favor and read this)

As someone who reads a lot of random posts/comments about BLD, I am somewhat annoyed by seeing the same questions over and over and over and over and over again, so this is sort of a beginner's guide to stuff that you should know about BLD and not ask questions about. I'm going to start with...
  11. Noahaha

The Solve Critique Thread

I made this thread for two reasons: 1. I don't want to make a whole new thread when all I want are a few tips. 2. It's annoying to see all the threads where people are just asking for critique. Recommendation: If you post solves, you should also critique someone else if you have something good...
  12. B

[Help Thread] One-Handed Solving Discussion

I can solve a cube in about 35ish seconds with two hands. I know 2 Look OLL and full PLL. Ive been wanting to learn how to sove the cube with using only one hand. How is this accomplished? I use my left hand but my hand often gets tired or I forget the algorithms. How do you get better at this...
  13. CuberKyle

ONLY ONE CUBE!

If you could take one cube with you on a lonnnnnnggggg trip, which one would it be and why? :D
  14. ThumbsxUpx

Is the date you joined related in any way?

Is the date you joined this forum related to anything? (celebrity's birthday, national event, when a war started/ended, etc.) Go ahead and tell me below! Here's my story: Well, I was just reading over my profile (double-checking for typos) when I came across the date I joined the forum...
  15. *LukeMayn*

The One-Answer Question Thread [closed]

Read before posting. Search before posting a question. The "search thread" tool in this thread can be used to see if someone already asked a similar question here. Depending on the question, you may also find answers on the Speedsolving Wiki, or in other threads. If you have questions about WCA...
  16. DAE_JA_VOO

Cube Rotation or AUF before PLL?

How's it guys. Lately i've been finding that i could possibly save myself some time by doing AUF instead of cube rotations for PLLs. Let me explain, in case you're not sure. When i get to the PLL stage of my solve, i align the already permuted pieces to find out what PLL i need to do. For...