methods

1. MagicVince

Last Layer methods mapping

Hello, As discussed in another thread, I am trying to do a mapping of the different methods to solve the Last Layer (after F2L). My sources are mainly the discussions in this forum and the wiki of this website. Here are the results so far. 1LLL : one-look last layer. Directly solves any last...
  2. Eli Satterfield

Megaminx Method Questions

So I was wondering, what are the best/most popular algorithms and methods for megaminx? Right now I’m averaging around 5:00, and looking to improve as much as I can before summer comps. Any help is appreciated thanks.
  3. Declan Rixon

Twisted Cubing | Stream Ideas | Speedcubing Software Library

Hi everyone! My name is Declan, I'm an Australian speedsolving and FOSS enthusiast turned software developer. I've recently taken back up speedcubing again and have begun developing a library for the Rust programming language. The library already has support for reading data from the Moyu...
  4. V Achyuthan

My Youtube channel progression

I decided instead of posting a new thread for every method I find like every week I will just make a video about it. So I started a YT channel. Starting from my very first method. The 2 holes method. I made a goal to reach 10 subs by the end of the year. So help me get there. LOL This is my...
  5. S

Generalized Reduction: An Outline and Expansion on ZZ-b

Hi all, Silky here. This is going to be a breakdown of a technique that I've come up with or, more accurately, have created a system of description. This is an expansion/generalization of Phasing described in ZZ-b which reduces ZBLL to ZZLL. Here I'll be describing what I'd consider the 3 main...
  6. Waffles

Is option select worth it?

How many people option-select during 3x3 solves and does it make it any faster/easier to solve from there on? And is it worth learning multiple methods to the point that you’re comfortable using them with less than 8 seconds of inspection? The methods that I think are worth using are: CFOP...
  7. S

Uncommon Method Competition | Payout and an Apology

Welcome to the Uncommon Method Competition ! This is a competition to see who can get the fastest time with non-Big 4 methods ! There will be 160$ in prizes and we hope you will participate. This competition will be running until Feb 28th 2021. Format: The competition is split into 2...
  8. S

3 Blind Method Debate Thread

A thread to debate 3 Blind Methods. To preface, this thread will be mainly to debate intermediate blind methods ( e.g. Orozco, Eka, TuRBo, Ayam, ZBLD, Boomerang, etc. ), since there is an overwhelming general consensus that BH/3-Blind is the best method. Likewise it should be done looking at...
  9. A

LEOR Speedsolving Method Tutorial

I finally made an LEOR tutorial. Here it is:
  10. A

NEW Guide to Choosing a Speedcubing Method (Speedcubing.org)

For a while now I have been working on a guide to choosing a speedsolving method for the Speedcubing.org website because I‘m very interested in methods and the only one in existence currently is the one on this forums which is very outdated. Today I have finally finished an initial version with...
  11. D

Should I switch to Roux?

I average 20-23, sometimes 19 with 3lll and intuitive f2l and 3 slotted edge jperm algorithms. I feel like switching to roux, because of the less algorithms. i feel like 300 or something just for sub 7 is too much, and the 50 with roux is fine. plus it seems respectable. Should I switch?
  12. Etotheipi

Lights Out Methods and Algorithms

So, to practice PyQt5, I decided to make a simple Lights Out game for practice, which made me think of methods for it. Right now I just "drag" the light to one side, but I can't do anything with it from that point. So i thought it would be interesting to explore its methods and algorithms.
  13. T

[Unofficial] 9.13 average of 5 with 5 different methods

8.14 (Petrus), 10.71 (ZZ), 8.55 (Roux), 7.27 (CFOP), 11.49 (Freefop) = 9.13 average of 5 (9.23 mean of 5) Cube: aolong v2 Don't have scrambles, sorry. I'm planning on taking a bit of a break from cubing now as I have important exams coming up and I need to focus. So until summer, I won't be...
  14. T

Method Database Idea

With all the wonderful methods that people come up with all the time, I think that it would be super convenient to have some sort of database, or website, to keep track of all the methods. Throughout the last couple of weeks, I have been coming up with ideas in how this website would be...
  15. T

[Unofficial] 9.83 ZZ method average of 12

Reaction at 5:40 8.00, 11.78, 9.52, (12.22), 9.81, 10.43, (7.81), 10.42, 9.31, 9.92, 9.22, 9.89 = 9.83. Bolded is a 9.48 avg5 Finally. Very happy with this because of all the close misses I had today. I need to take a long break from ZZ now... Yeah, I'm pretty much doing EOcross all the...
  16. T

[Unofficial] Sub 10 with 10 methods

Not that impressive when you consider that half of these methods are just CFOP variations. However, I think I've played by the same rules as everyone else who has made a "sub x with y methods" video (For example, ZB, MGLS and CFCE are considered different methods in Ben's video as well). I had...
  17. King Mike

The Salvia Method (Tutorial Needed)

Hi guys... I really want to switch my method because I'm am currently stuck at around 22 seconds with CFOP...and I'm kinda getting bored of it. I've considered ZZ, but EO line is crazy. I've also considered Roux, its a possibility...but I've ALWAYS wanted to learn the Salvia method after...
  18. King Mike

How did your averages change through experience?

I'm just curious of your averages and how they changed through experience. Please also list how your methods have changed... I'm just wondering how my cubing experience is different than yours, and I'm also wondering how I progress compared to others :) Here are mine: Week 4: Avg 1:47 (PB...
  19. Berkmann18

F2LL cubers

I post this thread because I wondered if there was speedcubers using F2LL methods, because in my opinion F2LL methods such as VH and [intuitive] ZB deserve a lot more attention. I don't think that everyone should use CFOP. I heard quite a lot people saying "the WR holders use CFOP so you should...
  20. 2180161

POLL: What method do you guys use?

What method do you guys use? Im curious to see what is the most popular, as i am running fromm method to method trying to find one I really like.