algorithms

1. Spencer131

Cubing Sheet Sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O9zBKGR-zyJnSlFv_DlHMUIdtvdJEGbsSIpZ6PinKLM/edit?usp=sharing The Cubing Sheet Sheet is meta list of cubing sheets. Feel free to add other algorithm sheets, letter pair sheets, tutorial sheets, etc. I'm not sure if something like this exists already...
  2. D

Finally, I have found the worst Ja Perm!

This algorithm is inspired by a Winter Variation alg that goes like such: L’ U2 R U R’ U2 L. The alg is done by holding the cube the way you would hold the Jb Perm and doing this: (L’ U2 R U R’ U2 L)3 U2 (L’ U2 R U R’ U2 L)3 This alg is 43 moves, so not even close to as long as the long H perm...
  3. M

[Member Intro] Looking for people to talk to essentially

Hi! I'm Matt, I have a kinda interesting cubing story, although i feel it is one that many of you will relate to. I remember as a kid i always wanted a rubik's cube, then eventually i got one, then on the day i got it my sister messed it up and it sat on my desk for years unsolved, I...
  4. Eli Satterfield

Megaminx Method Questions

So I was wondering, what are the best/most popular algorithms and methods for megaminx? Right now I’m averaging around 5:00, and looking to improve as much as I can before summer comps. Any help is appreciated thanks.
  5. teboecubes

How To Solve The 2x2x3 | 2x2x3 Tutorial (2 ALGORITHMS)

6. patricKING

My website Speedcubism

This is going to be the official place where I discuss ideas, and update my site. Everything I have posted before have led here. The link is: shorturl.at/bejwE I also need some help in making the site. If there is somebody who would like to help, but doesn't know anything about websites, I...
  7. T

Help generating OLL cases...

So, I want to get an OLL case. Besides reversing the algorithm or spamming the algorithm, is there a way I can recreate JPerm's algorithm generator on his website? How do I generate those algs? I have coding experience, so I should just need instructions.
  8. W

Waterman OREO algorithms

Hello, In the past week, I have been genning waterman algorithms to solve the Orientation of the last R edge and Edge Orientation These algs are most useful in simplified waterman. Here they are, there are 31 algs...
  9. Etotheipi

Lights Out Methods and Algorithms

So, to practice PyQt5, I decided to make a simple Lights Out game for practice, which made me think of methods for it. Right now I just "drag" the light to one side, but I can't do anything with it from that point. So i thought it would be interesting to explore its methods and algorithms.
  10. Etotheipi

Finding the best 2-look ZBLL method

I've had this idea, starting from when I started trying out ZZ. I want to try to make a program (With help ofc) that crunches through every possible 2-look ZBLL method (Or would it be 2-look EO LL method, correct me on my terminology) to find the best one. So it would test methods like...
  11. Zain_A24

300 Algs in 300 Days Challenge

Hello everyone, As the title suggests, I will be learning 300 algorithms in 300 days. 2x2 CLL EG-1 EG-2 3x3 PLL OLL COLL Others Feel free to let me know if there are any other alg sets that I should be aware of to add to the list. (You can join in on my facebook page and learn the algs with...
  12. dracine

Long Overdue Update for Dan's Cubing Cheat Sheet App! => New Offline Experience & Print Stylesheets (to PDF)

https://cubingcheatsheet.com LATEST UPDATE Long overdue update! The site popularity is growing, and many of you shared meaningful feedback in the last 2 years. Thank you for your continuous engagement and sharing areas of improvements that matters to you. Let's take a look at the latest...
  13. HugaCuba

SkewbSkills: offline / online Tool to practice Skewb L2L Algs and First Layer

For those of you that are interested in practicing the first layer on skewb or learning / drilling NS or Advanced algs for the last two layers, I created an offline tool (.exe) to help with that: SkewbSkills. It features a timer and you can select whatever types of algs you want to practice, or...
  14. teboecubes

The Easiest 2x2 Anti-CLL Cases You Should Know

15. B

Megaminx Alg Sets

Out of curiosity I was thinking about if megaminx had a bunch of alg sets like 3x3x3 since they are relatively similar to solve. During my research I could only find full oll almost full pll(still in progress) ell and cll for 3 cycle corners. Why has megaminx not developed a bunch like 3x3x3...
  16. C

Does this OLL 4x4 method exist

Some days ago I found a shourcut in a 4x4 OLL. The alg is simple:Rw U2 Rw' Lw' U2 Lw Rw U2 Rw2 U2 Rw2 F2 Rw. I found out that a simmilar method exists for when you have parity, but my question is: does this method completly exist? A new way of doing 4x4 OLL. I know sunes will stay sunes, but dot...
  17. jranthony98

App Development

I am currently developing an all around solving algorithmic app. I find that there is no single app with all know algorithms, and all methods easily accessible. I was wondering if anyone would like to contribute possible app names, art, and other ideas.
  18. Calode

YayLL

I feel like there's a trigger that hasn't gotten much love: R U R' F'. This trigger can be done fairly fast. Because of that, decided to play around with it, a lot. What I've found quite a few cool algs that can be done by conjugating stuff with this trigger which I'll be calling "yay" and it's...
  19. KenBrace

Learning Full ZBLL - My Journey

Folks, I have decided to embark on possibly the most difficult speed cubing accomplishment out there. I'm going to learn full ZBLL. My goal is to learn at least one algorithm per day on average. At this rate it'll take me 1 - 2 years to learn the whole bit. I've got 493 algorithms...
  20. C

How do Rubik's Cube algorithms work?

Solving the first two layers of a Rubik's Cube is very intuitive. One can watch the algorithms in action and see exactly why they work. However, when using known algorithms to solve the third layer of a Rubik's Cube, they seem to just work by magic, with no explanation. Is there a way to explain...