discussion

1. F'prime

What was the closest you ever got to quitting cubing?

I'll start: I was at Sub 50-40 at the time, and my parents were like "You know, I think you should move on from cubing.". For a second I actually considered it. We were watching the news at that time. At that exact moment, I don't know if got lucky or something, but there was a headline about a...
  2. FenTheGoat

What changes do modern speedcubes need.

We got stickerless cubes, rounded off corners, torpedos, magnets, good corner cutting, lots of customization options, corner to core magnets, and now maglev. What do you think a modern speedcubes could use to be better? I personally believe that a more intuitive customization mechanism is...
  3. caleb_g

Downsolve Competition

So, I just randomly had this idea for a fun competition. The idea is to take a 3x3 scramble, and you can solve it however you want to. You can use AI to find the best solution, or just find a fast solution yourself- the idea is to get the fastest time possible with the scramble. I am not super...
  4. P

Weekly 22-49 FMC Speed Solve 1 Solutions

So I attempted the first scramble of the speed FMC for practice in the Weekly 22-49 competition. Scramble: I was using NISS and normal blockbuilding, and got to a pseudo-F2L-1 case in 18 moves which I was incredibly happy with. However, I was immediately stuck on how to continue with skeletons...
  5. C

My journey to Sub-20

Hi guys, I've been cubing for around 3 years now (2 years actively) and due to the recent pandemic, I got back into cubing! Within a few weeks I was averaging lower 20's and just a couple weeks ago, I was able to achieve sub 20! it was extremely gratifying seeing all my hard work go to use. I do...
  6. xcross

A discussion on Ghost Posts, Necro Posts, and other annoying thread fillers.

I am REALLY frustrated with the amount of ghost posting, necroposting, and general lack of forum etiquette. I find that alot of the posts here are just used to fill up extra reactions or free post count. I would like your opinions on things like reaction games, and threads where you just spam...
  7. Zain_A24

[Review] GAN 356XS Detailed Feedback - 2020 Flagship 3x3

GAN 356XS Review – Cubezz Written by @Mo_A2244 Sections: Review of Service Review of Cube – GAN 356XS Unboxing OOTB Completely Dry Lube + Tension Break-in Final Thoughts Review of Cube General Info Name – GAN 356 XS Link –...
  8. rubikmaster

[Poll] Can anyone be sub-10?

So I think this could spark up some discussion. Four or five years ago, almost everyone would have answered this question with "No freakin way!". But I feel that in 2015, posing such a question doesn't sound so unrealistic. The question is whether it is possible for every cuber to achieve...
  9. molarmanful

15 Puzzle Home Thread

Hey guys, I feel like 15 puzzle deserves a thread, even though it's not an official WCA event or twisty puzzle. I'm sure that a lot of people could benefit from the help and discussions in this thread. If this is in the wrong forum category, feel free to move it (if you're a moderator). That...
  10. JemFish

Blindfold Accuracy Discussion Thread

Hey people, I recently have been very frustrated with BLD, with DNF after DNF after DNF. I'm making this thread so that we can discuss accuracy in terms of BLD cubing, and as opposed to the Random Cubing Discussion Thread, this thread will be reserved for discussion only about accuracy. It's...
  11. IamWEB

Solving Lounge at tinychat - Chat Discussion

tinychat Solving Lounge THE CHAT http://www.tinychat.com/solvinglounge ***EMBEDDING: I'm not sure how to get the chat embedded here. If I can't get it to work, just click the link above.*** ^Pending Schedule. The rest of the original post: Sticky?
  12. Hadley4000

[Discussion Thread] Music and cubing

Everone has music that puts them in "The zone." What music works best for you when cubing? For me, the John Butler Trio and Dave Matthews Band get me in the zone for cubing.