faster

1. brododragon

How to Memorize Algorithms Quicker

I've seen many beginners complain about algs being hard to memorize, and everyone's been there. So I decided to make a guide to help even intermediate and advanced cubers memorize algs. This is a constant WIP, and I am fine with changing something if you see a problem. Most Important Rule: You...
  2. N

[Help Thread] PLL times

I Am using all the basic plls in cubeskillz pdf, except Ja amd Rb perms, that i'm using mirrors of the Jb and Ra perms. I am averaging a global average of 3 seconds, but i am over 4 seconds in most, so, how can i get about 3 seconds in all to compensate 1sec recognition? Here are the times.
  3. CubeCow

Improving white cross speed?

What can I do to speed up my white cross? It normally takes me around ten seconds, which is awful because some people average around ten...
  4. Z

What to do for a 40-45 second solver?

I know intuitive F2L, 2-look OLL, and half of the PLLs, use a stickerless zhanchi (and just ordered a YuLong), but yet i still have a 45 second average :confused:. Any tips on how to improve quickly? Thanks!
  5. Ordway Persyn

Skewb Race Thread

Hello this is a thread dedicated to breaking time barriers on skewb. I will submit scrambles for an average of 12 use the scrambles and do a timed average of 12 there are many time barriers to race for. The ones I have made are sub-15, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.5, 4 seconds (you may request your...
  6. nuclearbigdaddy

Shengshou 8x8 Lubing and Tensioning

I recently received a Shengshou 8x8 and I know the mod you can do to it. But I was wondering how you guys lubed and tensioned yours. I loosened mine quite a bit seeing the pieces didn't stretch much at all and lubed it the way Convinsa lubed her 7x7 and 6x6 with Lubix. Do you guys have any...
  7. kelseymckenna

The Science of Mental Fitness

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-science-of-mental-fitness/#more-5038 At first glance, this doesn't seem like it has anything to do with cubing, but as you read further, you can see the link to cubing. In a nutshell, this article says that by merely 'thinking' about an activity (such as...
  8. jskyler91

What Should I Learn Before I Stop Learning?

READ THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!!!! I have been debating what I should undertake learning next for a while now and I have decided to ask you guys for your opinion. I feel like I am close to stopping the bulk of my learning and I want to know what you guys think are the most important things I...
  9. troyknowsitall

memorizing algorithoms

here is my method on how to memorizing algs
  10. G

How to get faster times?

Hey, i was wondering if you had tips for how i can get faster. i use the beginner method. my cross average is 16.05. my average is around 1:30. i tried to learn f2l but im really slow at it. any advice?
  11. Riley

How much do you think my time will improve if I do these?

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post, I searched for a thread like this, and couldn't find anything similar. So I solve with CFOP and only average 55 seconds, with a rubik's brand cube 3x3. I only know 2 look oll and 2 look pll. How much better do you think my times would be if...
  12. pcwiz

[Help Thread] How to Get Faster using the Fridrich / CFOP Method

PDF Version of this Guide - March 23, 2013 Welcome! This thread will be a guide to help you get faster at solving the Rubik’s Cube using the popular Fridrich/CFOP method. Please read this thread and do some forum searching prior to asking questions about becoming faster. First off, the...
  13. C

[Help Thread] Beginners Method Discussion thread

I came across 2 different beginner methods. The only difference is the LL. Solving the F2L is the same. But the LL is different. The phamplet i got when i bought my Rubiks cube saids to solve the right corner pieces with the same color,not precisely the exact spot then solve the top corners with...