• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux 4b to 4c Transition

Setup M'U2M'U'M2

UL and UB have the same color, and UF and UR have the same color. In this case it doesen't matter wich pair I chosse both pairs lead to the same solution.

Am I always free wich one to pick?

P.S. I vastly edited my last post bcause I recogmized the methode in the Video is differen' t from Athefre's.

Athefre

Setup M'U2M'U'M2

UL and UB have the same color, and UF and UR have the same color. In this case it doesen't matter wich pair I chosse both pairs lead to the same solution.

Am I always free wich one to pick?.

Yep. You are free to choose.

Into the blue:

Does choosing two D-colored edges (If you get on option to choose ) increase my chances to get an 4c skip?

EDIT: No I'm completly wrong, I just had some lucky solves in sequence,

Last edited:

Bestsimple

Hello, I told my friend I would learn how to solve the cube before him and I found this method that looks pretty easy. Can someone help me with this transition though because some cases don't work for me. For example M' U2 M' U2 M2 U' M2 to set up.
Once you finish 4b and you place the RU edge opposite to the FD edge it doesn't work. Please help. Thanks very much!

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are you talking about. Recog? Cuz then youve got it wrong.

M2, then you see the LU sticker
Then you know its UM2 etc

If you think this method is easy you probably have a high movecount... Try to get that down. In LSE make sure transition is good too.

Bestsimple

Thanks for replying,

I'm talking about the transition method which
I thought didn't have to rely on recog.

Take M' U2 M' U2 M2 U' M2 for example. In this method I thought you track the two yellow or white stickers on top. I'll track the top yellow stickers on top. So when you do a M2 the BU sticker goes to FD. Then aren't you supposed to put the RU sticker opposite of the FD sticker so it goes to BU. However when you do that it doesn't work and you can see the last two moves to solve it after you bring that colour doesn't match the centre towards it. Do you have a transition you use yourself?

Btw I just started Roux and I’m horrible at it. Could you give me any beginner tips to improve? Could you also tell me how to learn full Cmll and what terms like 4 flips mean and how to recognise full cmll? I just did a quick solve and I got a move count of 57 but I counted slices as one move. First block was 8, Second block was 14, Cmll was 23, LSE was extremely lucky I got 12. I think my move count is pretty good compared to my first method I learnt from Dan brown but maybe it's bad for the method. Please can you give any tips to improve? Thanks’ heaps for replying!

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for replying,

I'm talking about the transition method which
I thought didn't have to rely on recog.

Take M' U2 M' U2 M2 U' M2 for example. In this method I thought you track the two yellow or white stickers on top. I'll track the top yellow stickers on top. So when you do a M2 the BU sticker goes to FD. Then aren't you supposed to put the RU sticker opposite of the FD sticker so it goes to BU. However when you do that it doesn't work and you can see the last two moves to solve it after you bring that colour doesn't match the centre towards it. Do you have a transition you use yourself?

Couldn't be arsed putting the effort into understanding this. It's pretty unclear and referring to specific colours is bad - I'd scrambled on my own LSE scheme.

Could you also tell me how to learn full Cmll

Learn the algs from the CMLL thread link

and what terms like 4 flips mean and how to recognise full cmll?

4 flip means four edges are flipped. you can recognise CMLL however you like. Rowe style or Gilles style.

I just did a quick solve and I got a move count of 57 but I counted slices as one move. First block was 8, Second block was 14, Cmll was 23, LSE was extremely lucky I got 12. I think my move count is pretty good compared to my first method I learnt from Dan brown but maybe it's bad for the method. Please can you give any tips to improve? Thanks’ heaps for replying!

A single solve isn't going to tell you much about what your movecount is like, also going slower will improve your movecount anyway.

Last edited:

Bestsimple

Thanks for responding so quickly. This transition method works for me well it almost all cases it's just in some cases one I put the stickers opposite to each other it doesn't work and I don't know what I've done wrong.

Thanks for the cmlls but I still don't understand what the point of flips are. So when it says 4 flip it means four edge are flipped? What edges are they and what does it do? Thanks for replying. My move count in Roux is usually around that move count and yeah i take as much time as possible to find the lowest move count.

But anyway do you have any idea why the transition method doesn't work for me in certain cases like M' U2 M' U2 M2 U' M2. Thanks, maybe if it's not too much trouble could you walk me through how to solve the case using the transition method. Thanks.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was saying that it's a misrepresentation of your true movecount. When I go slow and count the moves my movecount is around 10 moves lower than in a normal speedsolve.

Bestsimple

Okay let me try again to explain more consisely. M' U2 M' U2 M2 U' M2 to set up case.

Okay so I identify any two colours on top that match each other in this case i'll choose RU and BU as they as both the same colours. When i do a m2 to finish 4b the BU edge will go to FD and the RU sticker will stay where it is.

So 4b done, I now do a U' to put the RU edge opposite to the FD edge. Okay now here's where it stuffs up. It doesn't work because after you bring the sticker that doesn't match the centre towards it with a M you can't find the last two moves to solve it instead it goes into another 4c alg. the U2 M2 U2 one. Please help or tell me what you don't understand from my explanation.

Btw thanks heaps for replying so quickly you're super helpful.

Athefre

That's one of the cases I mentioned in the example notes. There are ways to know you'll have that case so that you do it the way you're used to, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Bestsimple

O really oh sorry but could you tell me which one it is because I can't find it. I think this transition method is absolutely awesome but the thing is these cases that don't work. So what would you recommend me to do when I have these cases. Could you also tell me roughly how many of these cases there are that don't work? Thanks a bunch.