• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[New!] mf8+Dayan 4x4 V2 & V3, Dayan Megaminx V2

Tong Haiwu

WCA
2012WUHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it only for me that when on the dayan/mf8 website translated to english, above the creator of Dayan's picture it says "big butts". Aswell as in his signature "The big butts professional magic cube shop".

Haha,let me explain
The creator of this thread is the designer of Dayan whose name is Daqingbao.His ID in that forum (bbs.mf8-china.com,the biggest cube forum in China)is 大烟头,translate it in english means "big butts"(maybe he like smoke XD)
Daqingbao have create the Dayan and design many good cubes for us,thanks to him :)

Last edited:
WCA
2012CHIE01
Is it only for me that when on the dayan/mf8 website translated to english, above the creator of Dayan's picture it says "big butts". Aswell as in his signature "The big butts professional magic cube shop".

I believe that da-yan is two chinese words. da means big, and yan has the same sound as the word for smoke, or cigarette. So the "butt" is referring to a cigarette butt. I think this is right, but someone confirm/clarify?

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe that da-yan is two chinese words. da means big, and yan has the same sound as the word for smoke, or cigarette. So the "butt" is referring to a cigarette butt. I think this is right, but someone confirm/clarify?

Whether it actually refers to cigarette butt doesn't matter very much in the end. It's still funny to think of owning "Big Butt Cubes".

Cubikage

anyone able to get the attachments for the other announcements? etc:
Rubik's cube of three generations mf8 five

small orbit circle, feel good, Huo boss said a year ago it began to design, mass production in January 2013 sales. Dayan five Cube design generation is almost time. Geese five the Cube generation of contrast, is still a big difference between the foot of the slope of the card as this card foot Huo boss is a little more oblique.

The the mf8 new Dragonball
mf8 out the regular dodecahedron Dragon Ball series has been well received by Cube collectors' favorite collection Cube treasures. The new Dragon Ball is a 12-axis surfaces deeply five Rubik's Cube, the specific name of what I do not know Bauhinia Dragonball contrast, both rotating lines a bit like

Fourth, mf8 turn positive icosahedral surface Rubik's Cube

Five the, mf8 produced nine order V. Cube - was the emperor!

im not sure if there are anymore 4x4 pictures, but i hope that someone will be able to attach more pics

Cubikage

lol they are some really weird translations but apparently on the thread theres a few new puzzles coming in the near future

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Based on the descriptions, I think I've worked some of these out.

"Rubik's cube of three generations mf8 five" New MF8 3x3 maybe?

"small orbit circle..." No idea at all on this one

I would say that the dragonball is the Pyraminx Crystal + Starminx curvy cut hybrid. Source:http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24966

And the "mf8 turn positive icosahedral surface Rubik's Cube" Is the Eitan's Star. Source: http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24948

"Five the, mf8 produced nine..." Mf8 9x9?!? Its possible I suppose, but probably wrong

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
BTW, just found the one year old "New Dayan+Mf8 4x4" thread. It was supposed to be released march/april 2012. Here is a comparison of the old and the new photos: No difference!
Old:
attachment.php

New:
SNV30758_zpse6dd2893.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: