• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Void Cube Discussion

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a thread about it here with early discussion when void cubes came out.

Hmm, I had forgotten my approach to set up the LL edges into an inner slice, turn that, and undo the setup (what Dominate also did now, and we actually came up with the [post=84639]exact same alg[/post]). A short one using that idea and which keeps "F2L" (and LL corners) intact: M2 u M' u' M2. (Edit: ugh, Kenneth posted M2 U M U' M2 back then already. Don't know how he thought about it, though. One perspective is setting up and cycling the four LL edges. Another perspective is to just do M, but putting DF and DB away to safe places beforehand.)

Last edited:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there really any need to buy a void cube apart from collecting reasons? Isn't it just the same to remove the centers on a reguler 3x3?

Yes that is right but there is some parity that happens on the LL when solving it. Also its fun showing a Void to non-cubes cause most of the time there reactions are "How is this possible for the cube to move without the centers?"

Stalebread

I recently had an idea for an old 3x3 I had laying around. The idea is, if I take off the center stickers, would the cube become a mock void cube? Before I do it, I want to ask it here in case there is something wrong with my theory. Any feedback would be very useful! :)

M

Mr Beast

Ya it does. If I'm bored I'll take off the center tiles on my Zhanchi and its basically the exact same as a void, apart from the fact you cant stick your fingers through it :)

You could remove the center caps, cut down the center pieces a bit, and put the caps back on. Then, it will partially resemble a void cube.