• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pete the Geek

Today, I brought five cubes to a grade 3/4 class. The children were making good progress on the beginner's method when there was an announcement about an Easter Egg hunt. After the students returned, there was another guest and we never got back to the cubes :(. Later, I had to solve all five cubes!

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Was solving while walking in a hall and my friend unexpectly hugged me in the middle of the solve andwhile we were hugging, some random dude bumped into my hand and the cube splattered peices everywhere on the floor... people were unawarely kicking the core around and stepping on the peices.... FML... thnk god it was only my edison not zhanchi....

rubiks-cube.jpg

pretty much looked like that afterwards

Last edited:
WCA
2012CHIE01
Was solving while walking in a hall and my friend unexpectly hugged me in the middle of the solve andwhile we were hugging, some random dude bumped into my hand and the cube splattered peices everywhere on the floor... people were unawarely kicking the core around and stepping on the peices.... FML... thnk god it was only my edison not zhanchi....

rubiks-cube.jpg

pretty much looked like that afterwards

is that really a picture of what happened?
thats sad...

and about your signature, my zhanchi didn't come with one either.

Eleredo

Reassembled my colored ZhanChi after cleaning it. After it was lubed and correctly tensioned, I decided it was time to do some solves.

I kept on messing up my cross, the orange edge would always be paired up with the red center and the red edge with the orange center. After 3 DNF's, I started to wonder why the heck I could no longer solve a cube, only to discover I assembled it the wrong way. Even the corners were all assembled wrong since I assembled the core first and put the corners together looking at the core. FMCL. :fp

Seeing as it was already tensioned and all, I did not bother to fully disassemble it again so I just swapped the center caps and the red and orange corners pieces, so now it's fixed but the centers look like this.

23qjih.jpg

:fp

Vipervenom9

YouTube
Visit Channel
Went from a PB of 38 seconds 2 and a half weeks ago, to a PB of 18.79 yesterday. I'm way happy with how fast I've been improving, but not my hands hurt from practicing so much and so intensely. Gotta take a break for a few days so I don't get tendonitis. !FML!

The only saving grace is that at least now I'm forced to practice f2l look-ahead and recognition, since I can't to anything else.

RNewms27

YouTube
Visit Channel
Made an order Monday night that would have gotten to me today, but USPS "missent" it. Now it can be from a day to a week longer until it gets to the correct post office. THEN I will get it, unless they missend that one.

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
First video recorded in a long time

Actually got a 4x4 PB single on video

+2

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Next video = 5x5 solve

less than a second from PB

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Still really good on both videos but :(

Last edited: