• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Brooklyn Cubing!

Thecuber1

WCA
2014WALD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone, TheCuber1 here, and i was thinking of organizing cubing meetings in Brooklyn. There could be mini-comps, cubing discussions, and more. Let me know by posting if you are interested!

Chromaticist

Bump, this is relevant to my interests. I imagine there must be a reasonable amount of cubers in NYC, especially considering the average commute time. Brooklyn is ideal.

Chromaticist

Absolutely. I can basically walk there from where I am. When I move in a few weeks I'll be sufficiently close that I could shelter us if it rains. That's not an offer to host just yet, but I would love for this to work. I have a lot to learn from my peers.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm in town -- would be down to meet up at Prospect Park for a bit Thursday afternoon. Shoot me an email if interested: anthony [at] brookscubing.com

WCA
2014ATTI01
So a bump from 2 weeks ago.
We're thinking about meeting up in this location, exact location lol because Prospect Park is HUGE. xD
"Prospect Park Bandshell
62 West Drive, Brooklyn, NY 11215, United States"
I'm thinking Saturday the 27 June and we can discuss if you want to return on Sunday the 28 June if it goes well.
Probably in the afternoon we can meet in the bandshell from 12-2PM getting to know each other, waiting for new people to come and stuff. And then we can roam and find a bench to sit in and just hang out and talk cubes and stuff. Meeting will probably end at 5-6 factoring your commute home :D
You can share this around with your friends that maybe aren't on the forums and cube.
Parents are welcome if they feel like it is dangerous to go alone (because mine do xD, they trust me though).
Ask if you have any questions about this, thanks, oh and sorry but cubes will not be provided, so bring your own :cool:
I'll also have a paper to sign in, nothing fancy but just basic stuff like your name, last name if you're comfortable, you can also use an initial, and your Speedsolving.com name, and to those that don't use SS, they can put N/A
Thanks and I hope to see you guys there,all in all, really happy to meet you guys if you decide to come to chat and cube together.
~Adam (theRouxbiksCube)

Thecuber1

WCA
2014WALD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So a bump from 2 weeks ago.
We're thinking about meeting up in this location, exact location lol because Prospect Park is HUGE. xD
"Prospect Park Bandshell
62 West Drive, Brooklyn, NY 11215, United States"
I'm thinking Saturday the 27 June and we can discuss if you want to return on Sunday the 28 June if it goes well.
Probably in the afternoon we can meet in the bandshell from 12-2PM getting to know each other, waiting for new people to come and stuff. And then we can roam and find a bench to sit in and just hang out and talk cubes and stuff. Meeting will probably end at 5-6 factoring your commute home :D
You can share this around with your friends that maybe aren't on the forums and cube.
Parents are welcome if they feel like it is dangerous to go alone (because mine do xD, they trust me though).
Ask if you have any questions about this, thanks, oh and sorry but cubes will not be provided, so bring your own :cool:
I'll also have a paper to sign in, nothing fancy but just basic stuff like your name, last name if you're comfortable, you can also use an initial, and your Speedsolving.com name, and to those that don't use SS, they can put N/A
Thanks and I hope to see you guys there,all in all, really happy to meet you guys if you decide to come to chat and cube together.
~Adam (theRouxbiksCube)
Damn. I really hope i can come. I can easily take the train, hopefully I will be there. I will confirm soon if I am coming.

Thecuber1

WCA
2014WALD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will be there, but that day, the Bandshell is closed. There is a performance happening there. Any suggestions for where we should meet up? We could all meet in front of Dizzy's diner on 9th street.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...2!3m1!1s0x89c25b0334514e97:0x590fb2ff385b74c2

@TheROUXbiksCube

I am also thinking we could meet at Harmony Playground, the playground right behind the bandshell. I think I will get there at around 1:40 b/c swim lessons, but who knows if it will be happening that day.

WCA
2014ATTI01
I will be there, but that day, the Bandshell is closed. There is a performance happening there. Any suggestions for where we should meet up? We could all meet in front of Dizzy's diner on 9th street.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...2!3m1!1s0x89c25b0334514e97:0x590fb2ff385b74c2

@TheROUXbiksCube

I am also thinking we could meet at Harmony Playground, the playground right behind the bandshell. I think I will get there at around 1:40 b/c swim lessons, but who knows if it will be happening that day.

Dizzy's is optimal, the address is right there and it is near the park and is a nice place to wait for people to come then we can go and meet up in Prospect

Chromaticist

I'm in! Dizzy's is a good plan, right by the 7th Ave F train. (On 9th street and 8th ave for those unfamiliar).

I could use a good meetup. I'm really a budding cuber, still learning my 1 look PLLs and my beginner's method is still faster than my CFOP style f2l. I'll bring up to the 7x7x7 and a mirror cube and megaminx for fun.

WCA
2014ATTI01
So guys tomorrow is the big day, I'm bringing some money to buy a slice to eat because I'm not having lunch tat my house, so be sure to either bring enough money to buy something for yourself to eat or eat at home :3