• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

World Championship 2013 Questions

IMSLOW1097

WCA
2009ABRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was just curious...
First of all, does anyone know what the possibilities are for where WC2013 will be?
Second, if it does come back to South or North America, could I help somehow? I would love to help organize the competition in some way, shape, or form. It will be my senior year in high school, and I would really enjoy going to my first World Championship and helping out.
Thanks,
Aaron Abramowitz

Henrik

WCA
2006BUUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am sorry Aaron
I don't think many knows about plans of WC13.
My hope is that it will be either Asia (again) or South America

Any help is appreciated!
But organizing a competition with 300+ competitors is almost a full time job.
So I don't know if that's the best way to spend your senior year of high school ;)

But anyone helping at the competition it self is good.!

Rune

Premium Member
WCA
2003WESS01
They as in the few who know what is going on and have plans and knows of a venue.

I still hear of Italy and now also Poland. But nothing is certain yet.

Sorry, I didn´t know that euros and worlds were organized by the same people.

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
I was just curious...
First of all, does anyone know what the possibilities are for where WC2013 will be?
Second, if it does come back to South or North America, could I help somehow? I would love to help organize the competition in some way, shape, or form. It will be my senior year in high school, and I would really enjoy going to my first World Championship and helping out.
Thanks,
Aaron Abramowitz

Aaron, have you been on staff at a competition before? A good place to start if you want to get involved at the Worlds level would be to be involved at your local competitions, and then work your way up to Nationals. I'm pretty sure that over half the current Nationals staff has personally planned multiple competitions, with most of the remaining few having served as staff at competitions numbering in the double digits.

IMSLOW1097

WCA
2009ABRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Aaron, have you been on staff at a competition before? A good place to start if you want to get involved at the Worlds level would be to be involved at your local competitions, and then work your way up to Nationals. I'm pretty sure that over half the current Nationals staff has personally planned multiple competitions, with most of the remaining few having served as staff at competitions numbering in the double digits.
Actually, I am solely hosting the New Albany Open 2012, and i have 35 competitors pre-registered so far. I am just truly inspired by all of you, and I want to give back to the cubing community in the biggest way possible. That way, in my opinion, is worlds. I just wanted to know if there was any way.

Also, vincent, any news on nationals 2013 (could i help out there)?

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
Actually, I am solely hosting the New Albany Open 2012, and i have 35 competitors pre-registered so far. I am just truly inspired by all of you, and I want to give back to the cubing community in the biggest way possible. That way, in my opinion, is worlds. I just wanted to know if there was any way.

Also, vincent, any news on nationals 2013 (could i help out there)?

What about 2012?

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to go but I'm in New Zealand and we are like the most isolated major country the nearest country is Aus and it's a 3 hour planeride (also I have never been to another country) and I'm 14.
Also in 2013 it has been 10 years since speedcubing was revived.

EDIT: The location won't be announced to Dec won't it (it was last time or around then)

Tyson

WCA
2004MAOT02
I am unable to attend nationals this year; i am going to an arts camp (interlochen) in michigan for 2 weeks, including that weekend. I did attend nationals at ohio state, though!

Musician? Aaron, you should surface your interest in this to the organizers on the east coast. I'm not sure if you noticed, but because you are on the east coast, our non-east coast organizers don't really know who you are. I know of your name because I announce the competitions, but if you notice, Vincent had no idea of what you've done. So if you want to be a part of the organization, I would work with Bob and Tim to make it happen.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
Musician? Aaron, you should surface your interest in this to the organizers on the east coast. I'm not sure if you noticed, but because you are on the east coast, our non-east coast organizers don't really know who you are. I know of your name because I announce the competitions, but if you notice, Vincent had no idea of what you've done. So if you want to be a part of the organization, I would work with Bob and Tim to make it happen.

Of course, when Tyson says Bob and Tim, he really means Jim. You're not really in our area.